Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, does the owner of this ride belong to this forum? If not, does anyone know anything about it? Im mesmerized by the chassis work personally. I found it on the Art Morrison site, had to go to search and put in 96 Impala SS. Can I get an explanation as to what exactly I am seeing going on with this chassis?! Its insane clean...And those rubbers, good lord...

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the post. I went to the AM site and looked at all of the pictures. Incredible build! I love the Darth Vader reference back to the 1994 magazine ads "Lord Vader, your car is ready"

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
It kinda looks like Rick Hendrick's Resto-mod Impala SS
that was on display at the ISSCA Nat's a few years back,
but I doubt if its the same car. Rick was smart enough to keep
door handles on the car ;)

Nab

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
...Can I get an explanation as to what exactly I am seeing going on with this chassis?!...
You're seeing an aftermarket chassis, with a huge fuel tank and the over-the-axle portion of the exhaust routed through the frame rail. Other than that, there doesn't appear to be anything else atypical with its design.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're seeing an aftermarket chassis, with a huge fuel tank and the over-the-axle portion of the exhaust routed through the frame rail. Other than that, there doesn't appear to be anything else atypical with its design.
So that fuel tank, whats with the upward portion of it? It looks like it is filled from the rear, which would make it almost impossible to completely fill right? I can see that giving the car a lower center of gravity, and open up lots of room for big ol fatties in the back. I loved the fact that my wagons frame was fully boxed, Id love to do that to the 96 B4U. But, a frame off build is NOT in the works for me for quite awhile lol. If I was to do a frame off Id do it on a box body Caprice Coupe anyways. This is an impressive build though...Oh to be able to afford an aftermarket chassis.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doh!

That ad is nearly 1 year old?

Mike--94MSP9C1
lmfao oops...guess that little detail would be nice to pay attention to huh?! wouldnt matter either way...if I parked a non running car in the little bit of driveway space we do have, the wife would murder me lol.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
lmfao oops...guess that little detail would be nice to pay attention to huh?! wouldnt matter either way...if I parked a non running car in the little bit of driveway space we do have, the wife would murder me lol.
Well I know someone who could have used that back window so that was how I noticed the thread date! Just another day in paradise. :smile2:

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back window

Well I know someone who could have used that back window so that was how I noticed the thread date! Just another day in paradise. :smile2:

Mike--94MSP9C1
I was amazed the dude hadnt pulled THAT part particularly! As far as Im understanding those rear windows are hard to find and not cheap...Its not the year I would want anyways. I do like the "glasshouse" rear but I want an earlier 80s box caprice coupe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Push bar

I was amazed the dude hadnt pulled THAT part particularly! As far as Im understanding those rear windows are hard to find and not cheap...Its not the year I would want anyways. I do like the "glasshouse" rear but I want an earlier 80s box caprice coupe.
Hey, what push bar is that on your 9c1? I want to do kind of a B4U/9C1/SS build...I think a push bar would look nice. If I didnt have a ton of coolers in there with the radiator, Id put an LED light bar in there as well. I COULD mount a roof light bar and make everyone I get behind crap themselves thinking Im a cop lol.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Hey, what push bar is that on your 9c1? I want to do kind of a B4U/9C1/SS build...I think a push bar would look nice. If I didnt have a ton of coolers in there with the radiator, Id put an LED light bar in there as well. I COULD mount a roof light bar and make everyone I get behind crap themselves thinking Im a cop lol.
You may want to check on the law in your area but I do know that Chicago has a law that does not allow civilians to drive with "Police" items on their cars such as push bumpers and light bars. I go to the Emergency vehicle show that used to be in North Aurora and that was how I learned they frown on "Police" equipment on Non-Police owned vehicles. But to answer your question, it is made by Setina and it is the 12" tall version in Aluminum.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Police equipment

You may want to check on the law in your area but I do know that Chicago has a law that does not allow civilians to drive with "Police" items on their cars such as push bumpers and light bars. I go to the Emergency vehicle show that used to be in North Aurora and that was how I learned they frown on "Police" equipment on Non-Police owned vehicles. But to answer your question, it is made by Setina and it is the 12" tall version in Aluminum.

Mike--94MSP9C1
Im in Illinois myself, central IL. Mattoon to be exact. We dont even have to worry about passing emissions down here though lol. And, Im pretty sure Ive seen guys running around with push bars, but those may be ex cruisers that came with them. As far as the lights though, Id go with just white LEDs, not the flashing red and blue. I wouldnt seriously put an LED light bar on top of my Caprice though lol. I WOULD hide one behind the grille if I could though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts