Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already telling myself that with 200K, it's liable to be as breakdown prone as my current ride. Or not.

So please give me good reasons to or not to buy it so I can stop thinking about it!

Oh, it's a 99. $1100.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
The Firewood will rise again said:
Why shouldn't I buy my buddy's 200K S10?
'Cause you'll beat the crap out of it in less than a month and the $1100 you spent could have been used to get your wagon patched up again.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
'Cause everything except the motor will break on you. Everyone with a 4.3 I know has had issues with everything except the motor itself. Actually, for $1100, do it. If you bag it it'll be sick too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
the motors will run forever in them...but like someone else said everything else will break and fall apart....

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Cause S-10's Suck...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had several S-10/S-15/Sonoma/Blazer/Jimmy/Syclone/Typhoon's and they run forever (except for when you use the SyTy's for drag racing alot but thats another story). If its 5 spd you'll never give you any problems except for maybe the clutch. The weak part is the 700R4. Front suspension stuff wears too. A-arm bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints. Nothing thats hard or expensive to replace. I do think the older "square" body ones are built better.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you shouldnt buy one because its to small for a grown man to be driven daily. along with the parts others suggested going out think of how your legs are going to feel after a few months of driven that tuna can.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
If its a 4 banger you will develop a nasty miss, which you will neglect to fix and you will continue to drive it with said miss. In fact you will probably feel that the miss makes your S10 sound more aggressive.

·
Banned
4,678 Posts
My 2002 ZR2 has 184k and only major thing I have done is change the intake gaskets out at about 145k it still has the original brake pads on all 4 wheels. just now have to change the ball joints. It went 160k before I ever changed the plug wires and dist cap and rotor.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Get it, beat it, blow it up and put an LT1 in it! That should be only reason that you should buy it and you should have that plan in place from day one!!! :D

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha! Still running. It's got 265K on it, and it's three times more reliable than that bastard wagon EVER was.

Not to mention with all the money I make using that truck for side gigs, Its cost me NOTHING! Used tires ans scrap metal FTW!

Since I sold the wagon, the engine has blown and the tranny failed.

Its not without fault. There's at least 10 things wrong with it right now. But I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to NC.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Glad you've had good luck with it Fireweed. I've found the best way to keep my B Bodies from breaking is to not drive them much. Works pretty good!

Now the real question is, why would you want to drive to NC?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts