Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im very excited to be adding new toys to my car, but am a little confused. spoke to the tunner about adding a twin turbo setup to my car an he recomended adding a wideband o2 sensor and converting to a 2 band map sensor. I would appreciate any feed back on how to convert the map sensor and where the best place to get the materials would be and where the wideband o2 sensor would go on a borla exhaust system with h pipes.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
...and where the wideband o2 sensor would go on a borla exhaust system with h pipes.
One in each primary tube. If you can't afford 8, then at least 2 with one in each header near the merge. Don't bother putting it behind the collector flange.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
2 Bar is very commen on the LS1 style motors
But, very few people can do the 2bar on our LT1s
but it can be done :)

who did you talk to?

what are you planning on doing with your car?

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Is your car a tbi or lt1 motor?

Your confusing me, what motor do you have.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I'm unfamilar with the lt1 setup for forced induction. I know they are ran by maf but I've "heard" of them having a map sensor aswell. As for an o2 I know lts have 2 sttock. But "I" don't see a reason you would need 2 or 8 widebands because it is batch fire and not sequential. There is no way of adjustment per cylinder. I'm no expert but I know that the tbi doesn't opperate in that manner. And the lt1 doesn't either. The lsx ecm runs sequential. But again no expert just sharing what I know.

Btw there are some widebands that use 2 o2s I can't remeber the name tho. Ill check on it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have an lt1 383 motor with future twin turbo from hp performance

I hope you're ready to wait at least one year AFTER having paid for the kit to arrive....

Got a welding machine? You'll need one.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm unfamilar with the lt1 setup for forced induction. I know they are ran by maf but I've "heard" of them having a map sensor aswell. As for an o2 I know lts have 2 sttock. But "I" don't see a reason you would need 2 or 8 widebands because it is batch fire and not sequential. There is no way of adjustment per cylinder. I'm no expert but I know that the tbi doesn't opperate in that manner. And the lt1 doesn't either. The lsx ecm runs sequential. But again no expert just sharing what I know.

Btw there are some widebands that use 2 o2s I can't remeber the name tho. Ill check on it.
The LT1 has both a MAF and a MAP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts