Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's car is in the shop so she's been driving my '95 for a few days. She just called and said ...

"WOW !! The Wagon hit 110 and I didn't even notice !!" :confused:

OK Hun ,,, why were you doing 110 ?!?!?

"Well, this kid in a Camaro cut me off in the middle lane on the expressway - so I changed lanes into the fast lane and went to pull next to him to give him a piece of my mind....he saw me coming and sped up so I Floored it !! I flew past him and when I looked down I saw the Speedo said 110 !!!"

Ummm.... OK so then what happened ??

"Well ... he got stuck in traffic in the middle lane and I slowed down to 65 and then I saw him driving like a Lunatic weaving in and out of traffic. Do you think he was trying to catch ME ??"

Ummm ... YEAH :rolleyes:

"...so he finally races past me in the far right lane and there was a cop sitting up a bit on the shoulder. The cop came out and pulled him over and I waived as I drove by....by the way, the Wagon is REALLY SMOOTH at 110 !!!"

Its my own fault - I've created a Monster. First I taught her how to drive my GS at the strip so she could enter the powder puff classes...then I bought her a 5-speed turbocharged Saab 9-2x Aero for her 40th birthday

What WAS I thinking ?!?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
awesome, is not that bad, she at least held it together, and it wasn't a call for you to bail her out, you should be proud of her, she beat the hell out of a kid in a camaro,
my wife raced a kid on a honda, i tell it's the best when they come home adn tell you about it, but she want some more hump out of the wagon, and for the best part, "can you do something about it, and don't worry i will be carefull, thanks honey", they grow up so fast :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see my wife doing that. She doesn't drive like that with me in the car with her, but I have seen her on the highway w/o her seeing me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds just like some of the stories I hear from my wife (who's either driving her '71 Chevelle or the new slightly-more-than-stock Grand Marquis) - usually involves some "punk" who either cut her off, acted like they wouldn't let her pass, or similar. Probably once a month I hear a "so this kid in a ricer was trying to race me at a stoplight" story...

I've never heard her say "and then he got around me", though, so I guess that it's all good as long as she's winning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MY Finace is the same way when she gets in the 96 RMW (stock though).
She always tells me how some kid tried to beat her from a stop light to get over for an on-ramp. Its always "I smoked a Grand Prix", or I killed a "Ricer Honda"........
I just laugh, because the Woody Wagon doesn't look like any stout performance machine!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL :D Wasn't a very good day for the kid in ths Camaro.........

...not that losing any race isn't bad enough...he lost the race to a "an old broad" (sorry SportWagon) and worse yet, she was driving a station wagon! :eek: then he gets a ticket on top of everything!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.