Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife is calling all around trying to find Gray Heated RM seats for my 94 Caprice. She thinks she found some and is waiting for the call back so I have to ask fast. I have read a lot of the stickies on here and 4Door sent me info on the Bonny Seat Install but the wife wants the RM power heated seats. I currently have power on my 94 Caprice. What year RM seats will fit in my 94 and from another sticky I read it appears they will bolt right in? Is that correct?

So am I safe with anything from a 91-96 Roadmaster will they bolt into my Caprice? Front and Rear I am hoping?

Will I need the tracks too out of the Roadmaster or will mine work?

What is a decent price if they are in good shape? The wife says she thinks this guy may be pricing her up. I know the gray are hard to find and depends how badly she wants them.

But most importantly what years will definitely work and what should I look for. Will they plug in okay wiring wise as well or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks, appreciate all your help!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
The wife is calling all around trying to find Gray Heated RM seats for my 94 Caprice. She thinks she found some and is waiting for the call back so I have to ask fast. I have read a lot of the stickies on here and 4Door sent me info on the Bonny Seat Install but the wife wants the RM power heated seats. I currently have power on my 94 Caprice. What year RM seats will fit in my 94 and from another sticky I read it appears they will bolt right in? Is that correct?

So am I safe with anything from a 91-96 Roadmaster will they bolt into my Caprice? Front and Rear I am hoping?

Will I need the tracks too out of the Roadmaster or will mine work?

What is a decent price if they are in good shape? The wife says she thinks this guy may be pricing her up. I know the gray are hard to find and depends how badly she wants them.

But most importantly what years will definitely work and what should I look for. Will they plug in okay wiring wise as well or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks, appreciate all your help!

Not a 100% sure on the RM Front Seats working in a Caprice but almost positive it is a direct Bolton.....meaning they are the same. I can say for a certainty that the Rear Seat (top/bottom) fits right in place of the caprice with NO modification needed. I had a RM Rear seat for a while until I picked up the Impala Rear Seat. I do hope one day to install the Bonny Rear Seat but that is low on my priority scale.

As far as heat function, not sure where the switch is for that or how it's wired but would bet that you will need to wire this in yourself. The over all Power function of the Seats/rails should be the same. Never seen RM with Heated seats but depending on how that is activated, at a minimum I would get the switch as well as what ever pigtails you need for the heated seats. You can then make up your own harness.

If you want to get heat/air into the back seat area, look for a Caddy Fleetwood Brougham in the yards. These cars have ductwork parts that run on the floor and come out under the front seats. Added this to my car and its a true bolt-in mod if you have the parts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a 100% sure on the RM Front Seats working in a Caprice but almost positive it is a direct Bolton.....meaning they are the same. I can say for a certainty that the Rear Seat (top/bottom) fits right in place of the caprice with NO modification needed. I had a RM Rear seat for a while until I picked up the Impala Rear Seat. I do hope one day to install the Bonny Rear Seat but that is low on my priority scale.

As far as heat function, not sure where the switch is for that or how it's wired but would bet that you will need to wire this in yourself. The over all Power function of the Seats/rails should be the same. Never seen RM with Heated seats but depending on how that is activated, at a minimum I would get the switch as well as what ever pigtails you need for the heated seats. You can then make up your own harness.

If you want to get heat/air into the back seat area, look for a Caddy Fleetwood Brougham in the yards. These cars have ductwork parts that run on the floor and come out under the front seats. Added this to my car and its a true bolt-in mod if you have the parts.
Awesome! Thanks again 4Door. So the Caddy Fleetwood Brougham will work too then? So what years primarily then 91-96 on all of these: Caddy, RM, Bonny?

I believe the heated seat function is on the side of the seat itself, so yes I would imagine as you said 4Door would have to be wired separately. At least the one I saw a picture of anyway that is where the switch was.

But 91-96 would be the route to go on the year correct? I am hoping I am correct on this....Thanks for the fast response.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Too bad ur far away. I got complete set of heated grey leather roadmaster limited seats. Im not positive but i think the wiring pigtails are different. I picked these up out of a 96 and never found a use for em. Just remember 94 n up the interiors were darker.

I beleive the tracks are different too cuz on my seats the up/down only moves the lower part and on my other car up/down moves entire seat.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Too bad ur far away. I got complete set of heated grey leather roadmaster limited seats. Im not positive but i think the wiring pigtails are different. I picked these up out of a 96 and never found a use for em. Just remember 94 n up the interiors were darker.

I beleive the tracks are different too cuz on my seats the up/down only moves the lower part and on my other car up/down moves entire seat.
Shilaeli Hugger, wish I still lived in Ohio. We lived in Chardon, Ohio for about 2 years back when my father passed away. Are they in good shape? Would you be willing to sell them? I know shipping will not be cheap at all but if I could get them to work properly and wired up it sure would make the wife Happy, Happy, Happy!

She just called me and asked if you could send some pictures because she wants them! Can you help a battered fellow B-Body owner out. I am afraid she will beat me tonight if not LOL! Thank you Sir very much!

She was looking at having some shipped from Texas but they were in terrible shape. We will gladly pay whatever shipping is required.

I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah i can get u pics. Do u text? Shoot me a msg 7402270080. Id be willing to sell them wed just have to figure out the logistics.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Didn't Read It All

Lots of chat decades back on swapping Imp and D-body seats. Rear is just configured wrong on several fronts, mostly dimensions. The front Cadys turn out just plain wide and should be measured out to make certain all is cool with how close they get to the Imp door panels.

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
94-96 B body gray is the same. The seats can be switched, but the Limited front seats require the complete track mechanism. You will probably do a little wiring, but it is not all that difficult. The standard seats will bolt up to the standard tracks. The 91-93 seats will have a different color of gray that is substantially darker.

You could just grab the heaters out of a set of heated seats, and install them in yours. If they do not work, check for a broken heater wire. If there is a break in the wire, use a crimp connector to repair it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I made a post on gmlongroof.4umer.com about putting roadmaster limited seats in a caprice. Pretty straight forward. Ensure you pull the cross car harness that goes under the carpet from the donor car.

You can get shilaeli's seats. Greyhound shipping is probably reasonable. I was considering getting them until I got a set of grey cloth limiteds for free from my brother's car. Grey roadmaster seats aren't super common. Even less so with heat.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks jason. :D we been textin back n forth on the deal and since he convertin all to grey i made him oackage deal for everything i have left thats grey. Gonna meet up after xmas

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
Shipping by Greyhound for the fronts without the tracks, and if they are wrapped together is about $140. The rears wrapped together are about $115. They were somewhat less a few years ago, but Greyhound was purchased by an English company, and things changed.

You can shrink wrap them, but you need to put some cardboard on areas that could wear if dragged across the floor by an ape posing as an employee of Greyhound.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I'm not trying to nix the deal between Shilaeli Hugger and Freebird here, so please don't take offense to this post. Actually, those Roadmaster seats may good a good option and more comfortable than your Caprice seats. It just seemed like a fitting thread to throw this option out there in case no one was aware of these kits.

If you want, you could purchase an Aftermarket Seat Heater to add to any seat. The installation looks pretty easy, can keep your car original and you'd have to wire in anything else anyway.

Lots of other videos out there and kits that heat both seat bottom and back. The heater kits include the wiring harness and you just need to wire in 12v and ground which will be be doing with any option you choose.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So I am assuming the Bonny Rear Seat then needs modification of some type in order to fit correctly right? I was wondering how the seats sold on Street Trends work. They look like Bonny Seats right? What year are those mid to late 90's? So do they make them already fabricated to bolt in the Caprice/Impala?

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
So I am assuming the Bonny Rear Seat then needs modification of some type in order to fit correctly right? I was wondering how the seats sold on Street Trends work. They look like Bonny Seats right? What year are those mid to late 90's? So do they make them already fabricated to bolt in the Caprice/Impala?
Actually, the bonny seat is left alone and you drill additional holes in the Impala/Caprice Sear rails to match up with the threaded holes of the bonny seats. There are quite a few threads on this, just google "bonny seat install impala" and you should quickly find the threads. Thought I recently answered this for you already but can't find that thread so just do a search for it.

Never used seats from ST's before so I have no personal experience with them.

The threads will mention which year bonny seats but think it was 92-98 but they are a tough find now.

Not that Ive seen and as I mentioned, you just drill a couple of new holes in the rail to match the seat....ez-pz lemon squeezie

Don't overthink this whole thing. Just read through the threads which will give you all the details and even how to wire up 12 way seats if you find them. I kept it simple and used the 6 ways which just wire up to the stock controllers anyway. Once you have it figured out, start hunting for seats and good luck on finding some. I always seem to see them but they are either the wrong color or are cloth or have rusted greasy parts laying on them from a previous junker (idiot) who stored parts on there while getting something else and ruined the seat.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you`re doing the Limited seats, as I said there is a wire that connects the front passenger and driver seat that runs under the carpet. You have to lift the carpet regardless, so may as well pull it out and pressure wash it. It will look new after.

RMW limited seats into a Caprice

I can't remember what year seats Shilali has, but the limited seats from 94 are slightly different from 95-96 , namely for the lumbar support. Installation is pretty much the same, but I think it may not have that little air hose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts