Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.3 95 caprice and am in need a converter so will one 94 impala ss work on my 95 if I get the converter mounted correctly? Anything I need to know about this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Will a 94 catalyic convertor fit on a 95?
If your 4.3L Caprice has 2 convertors, then the answer would be; 'yes, a 94 SS convertor will fit'.

KW

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
If your 4.3L Caprice has 2 converters, then the answer would be yes.

KW
The L99 Y pipe was the commensurate part to the LT1 intermediate pipes. All L99's and Lt1's had 2 cats. Even the passenger side muffler, over axle and resonator/tip were the same as the LT1. Only main differences were bore et al, 19 lb injectors and single exhaust (after the cats).

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
The L99 Y pipe was the commensurate part to the LT1 intermediate pipes. All L99's and Lt1's had 2 cats.......
That's what I thought.....but since I'd never looked under a L99 car, I wasn't willing to fully commit.

KW

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If your 4.3L Caprice has 2 convertors, then the answer would be; 'yes, a 94 SS convertor will fit'.

KW
I thought my caprice only has one converter I dont see two of them??

I see the converter on the drivers side that is placed like / but I do not see anything on the passenger side but the resonator muffler???

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I thought my caprice only has one converter I dont see two of them??
Nope. it has 2.

I do not see anything on the passenger side but the resonator muffler???
This pic will come in helpful again. This is what your passenger side cat looks like exactly:

Actually, you asked if there is anything else you should know. Well, if you assumed there was only one cat, then you'll want to find out which cat you're replacing and which cat came off the 94. It's possible you may have wanted to swap out the driver's side and should you have a 94 passenger side lined up (or visa versa), you'll quickly discover it won't fit..

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. it has 2.

This pic will come in helpful again. This is what your passenger side cat looks like exactly:

Actually, you asked if there is anything else you should know. Well, if you assumed there was only one cat, then you'll want to find out which cat you're replacing and which cat came off the 94. It's possible you may have wanted to swap out the driver's side and should you have a 94 passenger side lined up (or visa versa), you'll quickly discover it won't fit..

I do see the other cat on the passenger side though now that I look. The cat on the driver side is squeaking a lot..it goes and comes back and no one can tell me why so I figured I would just change it but I guess I will change them both.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts