Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Asanti AF-122's fit on a 94 impala ss without having to do any modifications? If not what would have to be done?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
theres different bolt patterns...if buying new then u shud be able to get it in our bolt pattern...if used it depends on the bolt pattern...our cars use 5x5 aka 5x127

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theyr used so let me see if he knows whats the bolt pattern or what car it came off?

he said came off a bmw 745 if that helps.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what would it need to be, redrilled?
whats an estimate of what it would cost for this mod. Trying to find marcus cause i know him and his son have asantis as well.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Marcus converted his car to a BMW bolt pattern with new hubs i think those wheels would be a 5x4.5

·
Registered
734 Posts
yup jus look on the back of the rim it shouls say 5x120 or sumthing like that. bmw745s are 5x120 if im right

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The redrill may be out of the question if they are chromed and you want to go with a chrome finish. The AF-122 wheel is an exposed lug bolt patter wheel (i..e. no caps to cover lugs) If you are looking to go with a polished, painted face or poweder coated finish it will work but the holes will be oblong or you will have an additional 5 holes which won't look right per se'.

changing out the hubs may be an alternative but that will still cost some extra $$ and down time. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
If they came off a 7 series, the offset is ok. The bolt pattern is wrong and will need to be redrilled and have the centers opened.

Look in the redrill thread and you see you can indeed redrill an exposed lug wheel, you just need to do some work afterwords.

link is a few posts up.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
A quick way to do it is get them redrilled for the car... but they got to do the center bore also like firewood said^^^

The other is to change the bolt pattern of the car.

Rear: I changed mine to BMW by ordering Moser axles in 5 x 120 w/ the correct center bore.

Front: Then I ordered hubs for the Kore3 brake kit in 5 x120 Or you can run the Camaro rotors in the friont with the stock impala brakes.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm, and its a do it yourself install? i seen a guy looking for $1500 obo for those rims, was wondering if talked him down and what not how much total to have some on the ride, gotta admit the rims on yours and you sons car looks hot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts