Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been checking out paint colors and all and really like the 2003 50th Annivarsary Ruby Red. With that was also thinking of whel, don't want anything too pronounced; something pretty conservative. Then it hit me- shile checking out a 2003 'vette, I noticed the wheels, and how good I thought they looked- and I thought, "will they fit a Caprice"?
Do- does anyone know, will Corvette C5 wheels fir our cars? Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not directly.... but all you need is a 2" thick adapter that converts the 4.75" bolt pattern of the vette/F-body to the 5.0" bolt pattern of the B-Body.

I can set you up with adapters if you need a set.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 97-99 Vette rims on my car if you want to see how it looks (see sig, or link in sig for more pics). I don't know if certain wheels are made to hold certain weights when it comes to cars, but I'd consider that before you go with some thin-spoked vette rims.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooops- I think this post is in the worng category, sorry. Thanks for the info- that just dawned on me, if those thin- spoked wheels will support the weight of the car, then toss in some spirited driving.. Thanks :cool:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you'll have to worry about the strength of the wheels.... Corvettes aren't exactly feather weight cars either!!! And I'm sure the wheels are designed to handle "spirited" driving.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sold a set of those wheels a few months ago. I was going to have them chromed and put them on my car but I didn't like the idea of having adaptors.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah- the need for 'adaptors' is kinda throwing a wrnch into this whole thing. I think I'm gonna go with stock Impala SS wheels, thanks for all the input

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the need for 'adaptors' is kinda throwing a wrnch into this whole thing
Why is that??? Many people run with them and I don't know of anyone that has had trouble if they bought good adapters and used them correctly.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The spacers need to be both wheel and hub centric. The guys at motorsports tech will be able to provide the correct spacers.
Make sure that you specify the lug pattern difference. The Impala is a 5x5 and the Corvette wheels are 4.75x5.
I am running the C5 Wagon Wheels with 2" spacers for my racing rubber. No problems so far.

Later,
Michael

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not directly.... but all you need is a 2" thick adapter that converts the 4.75" bolt pattern of the vette/F-body to the 5.0" bolt pattern of the B-Body.

I need a set but I already had my rims drilled to 5x5 without thinking! So I need 2' to 5x5

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my C5 Vette rims drilled to spec. Will they fit on my 95 Impala SS with out spacers?

The front hubs are hub centric! How did you get around that? Curious to know cause I just bought these rims got the spacers on the back,. But had them drilled to 5x5 to fit directly, and the fronts are hub centric! I'm stuck now!

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
You need to explain EXACTLY your issue.

The stock impala is hubcentric front and rear with about a 3.063 dia register
Many aftermarket replacement axles are either so short on the register that they dont engage the rear rim or they are the smaller F or Y body 2.768 dia.
Your adapters front and rear should have a hole on the car side that is 3.063 ish and a stub on the wheel side that is 2.768 ish

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yeah, what kind of spacer did you get? If it has a registration hub that fits the vette wheel and is 5 on 5, that would be a pretty unusual configuration.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah, what kind of spacer did you get? If it has a registration hub that fits the vette wheel and is 5 on 5, that would be a pretty unusual configuration.
I purchased adapters from MotorSport Tech. The adapters are wheel centric for the C5 wagon wheel for a 5x4.75 and go to a hub centric 5x5 pattern. The spacers are 2" thick. MotorSport tech knew exactly what I needed. These adapters fit tight to the hub and the wheel, no sloppiness at all.

Michael

1 - 20 of 25 Posts