Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the F2B kit work for a Ls1 t56? I did some searching but got sick of looking.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
The F2B kit doesn't have anything to do with the transmission itself, just the clutch pedal assembly, as far as the trans if you have an LT-1 in your car then an LS series trans will not work. The input shaft is different length. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at doing a LS1 swap, I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the hydraulic from the LS1 t56 work with the F2B kit?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Yes you will be fine. All 4th gen F-Body's use the same master cylinder, and thus will work with the F2B pedal brackets. It's the hydraulic line and slave cylinder that are different, so you will need to purchase LS1 car hydraulics, but for the pedal, you're good to go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
f2b is worth the money?

Who has used the F2B kit and in your opinion is it worth the money? I'm in the final throws of a LS / T-56 swap now and am on the fence with this kit. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
There is quite a few that have used it, I personally think that it is well engineered and though out, saves time mainly. Can you make your own, sure, but to have some of the cussing involved in the installation out of the equation, I think that it is well worth it. Go to the link that I posted above and download what I wrote up, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cali, I used the f2b kit and it worked great for me. It is expensive but is well engineered.

·
Registered
86 Posts
f2b or not to f2b

"to have some of the cussing involved in the installation out of the equation" 94MI9C1

"It is expensive but is well engineered" Oklahoma

I value both of your opinions on the subject, I've been stalking your posts for some time now. Can't wait to be in the 6-spd club with you all. Thanks for the advice was all I needed to hear.

-AG

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
No problem man that is what we are here for, you can almost guarantee that the last swaps that have been done in probably the last 3 years have used the F2B kit, with the exception of someone finding a used BBHP kit or fabbing up their own. Yeah the 425 that you lay down for it is like a kick in the balls, but it is easy to install, in reality, no clutch reservoir inside that cabin, etc. Are there somethings that I would change about it, maybe but it is well thought out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cali, I will be glad to help as much as possible. When I did my swap, the members of this forum were so great to help me and I owe a lot in return.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts