Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the hold would have to be drilled for the shaft of the window crank, but besides that, will the window handle fit on properly? I'm thinking that the panel contours will not allow the handle to be remounted properly. Correct me if I'm wrong and the panels will fit please!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shouldn't be a problem

Just make the appropriate diameter size hole[cheap Hole Saw], in proper spot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless the manual panels had power seat controls, or the power panels had non-power seats, chances are you won't be able to use the Power window panels on the front doors. The rear panels however are the same panels used for manual/power doors.

Pics for reference
Manual

Power

As you can see from the pics, since the car also has manual seats, the panels are void of the seat control mounting location, thus allowing the panel to dip to meet the crank spline.

The only way I could see power panels work on the front doors of a manual car, would be to extend the crank spline out the added distance the power panel come out( Also think the shape of lower area of the Seat Control mounting may interfere with proper crank movement
).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I sold my manual window 9C1 back in '02 and haven't been in a car with manual windows since, but thought there was a conflict. Great pics! They help explain perfectly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, a true member! Searched for the proof of the answer and then gave credit where it's due! Thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eagle-co94,
I know the shipping costs would probably not make it worth it -- BUT, I just saw a complete set of manual window panels in a 9C1 in a junkyard here in the CA.

They are tan with manual windows, crank handles are in place, both front and back panels were in good condition. I think it had manual seats, too. I have to go to that yard this weekend, so if these would work let me know.

It's a pick-and-pull yard, so the cost of the panels isn't too great. Can't remember their prices but I would be surprised if a door panel is more than $35 or $40.

-- Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eagle-co94 I still have 3 of the four door panels in the picture above. I have sold the R/F one. If you need the rest, shoot me a PM.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was selling a set of panels and someone with manual windows wanted to know. Thanks for all the offers though! If you want to sell the panels I'll get you the contact info for that person. Think she's in Cali.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.