Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting s10 control arms on their caprice or impala? I was wondering if they bolt on so then i could get some tubular ones with bag mounts built in.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
doubt they will bolt up, but I am sure they could work with some modification....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S10 upper and lower a-arm will bolt into a G-body (Monte Carlo, El Camino, Regal/GN, Malibu) and the lower a-arm will bolt into a 3rd gen F-body (Camaro, Firebird) but will not bolt into a B-body. The B-body is bigger and uses heavier duty parts. The only real difference between the S10,G-body, and F-body a-arms is the size of the steering stops. Small stops used on 15" wheel and large steering stops used on 16" wheel. So all G-body's have small stops all S10's have small stops except ZQ8 suspension package that has 16" wheels and the F-body's have alot of each the since most early 80's had 15" wheels and most late 80's early 90's had 16" wheels. The only other difference is the 1LE suspension package on the F-body's they have stiffer a-arm bushings.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any control arms from different cars or trucks that will bolt onto ours?

And thanks for that info. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for Tubular Arms for the b-body that are bag-ready... I can set you up.

We have the standard arm for use with shock/spring or coil overs... and we are finishing up a new design just for bags.
The arm itself aren't really that different... it just the spring pocket that's changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts