Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I was just wondering if a stock Delco CD player out of a 2000 S10 would fit into a 1991 Caprice ? Ive been contemplating doing the switch, but never knew if it would fit, and figured you guys would know about this kinda stuff
Thanks in advance.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it would. All GM radios look to be the same size. I would like to do the same swap on my 92 olds wagon. What sucks though is that you have to take off the fake wood trim all around the dash to get the radio out and in.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats why I thought i'd ask on here. It would just seem like a waste of time if it didnt fit, so I guess whenever I get a chance i'll take the am/fm out and see if the cd player fits, I need to do something soon, all the popular stations around here play the same thing over and over and.... well you get the point

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as long as u got a 1 1/2 din its going to work i used one of the older model radios in my 95 and it pluged in with no problems and right now i got my radio from a 2001 s10 hooked up with no problems

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well bad news this didnt turn out well, the mounting points for the radios are different, oh well its just my luck I guess.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if u want it in that bad do some fabrication to it to make it fit its nothing like having just one like dat

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I could fab something up, but really havent had any time lately because of my work schedule. I could grind off the side mounts and hack off the old mounts to make it fit, but I think ill just go out and blow some hard earned cash (LOL) on a cd player and mounting kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts