Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I get away with stock SS springs,hotchkis uppers and lowers,hotchkis sway bars,bilsteins (firm),front end rebuild, and would I need the qz8's??? Would the 9c1 sway bars be the same as the hotchkis except for the bushings?? I was told that the hotchkis springs would bring my car down 2" 1" lower than a stock ss. The question is hotchkis springs or stock SS springs with the rest of the listed set up? I would like the have at least an 1" between the fenders and the tires. The tires are 275or 285/40-18's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think you're going to be closer to the stance you want with the hotchis springs. Also I would definately do the zq8 bumpstops. Maybe even just trimming a little off them.

As far as the sway bars, the stock ss and 9c1 bars are the same. If you want an improved bar you'll have to go do something else. Best of luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I get away with stock SS springs,hotchkis uppers and lowers,hotchkis sway bars,bilsteins (firm),front end rebuild, and would I need the qz8's???
Yea... that would be a nice set up. You wouldn't "need" the zq8's... but everyone seems to like them.

Would the 9c1 sway bars be the same as the hotchkis except for the bushings??
Nope... the bars are different. The front hotchkis bar is larger diameter but hollow. The rear is shaped like the stocker but thicker too.

I was told that the hotchkis springs would bring my car down 2" 1" lower than a stock ss. The question is hotchkis springs or stock SS springs with the rest of the listed set up?
The spring choices you have don't really effect the rest of the parts... they would all work fine together. I would reccommed the hotchkis over the stockers... but it's all personal preference at that point. Remember that the Hotchkis parts were developed as a "Kit"... so if you like the idea of a system that was develped together and if you think Hotchkis does this work well... then I guess that would answer your question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.