Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on my SCCA forum.

OK Racer Buddies...

Our next event is scheduled for Sept 22, 2010 on the big track at Willow Springs. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbie's or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING T-Shirt. The price for this event is $155. 14 days prior to the event the price goes up to $180, and the day of the event the price goes up to $205. I hate to up the price for late sign ups, but if I didn’t everyone would just show up at the track and pay. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend (except for people who are self centered and arrogant…because were all so humble at OTR), so please tell a friend!

You can register and get more information by going to www.opentrackracing.com , or you can call me at (818) 206-8559.

Thanks, and See You at the Track!

·
Ultimate Impala Guru!
5,481 Posts
Ran there 9 years ago for an open track event with a bunch of the Impala SS folks around at that time (many no longer have their cars).

This is a FUN track, but VERY fast! If you pull it off right on R-compound tires in one of our cars, you'll ENTER the main straight (off of turn 9) at roughly 90 MPH. (this is after entering turn 8 at roughly 105 and having some pucker factor thru 8 and 9)

The main straight is 1/2 mile long :eek:

Even my stock-motored car (and at that time, still with the auto trans and 3.08 gears) was doing 120 MPH before braking for turn 1...lap after lap.

The ISSCA Nationals track events have been in slow motion by comparison ;)

Sorry I won't be able to make it, taking off the first week and a half of September for the SCCA ProSolo Finale and Solo Nationals.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Man thats a few days after WCG6, that looks like fun, wish my car had tighter suspension, what are the requirements?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.