Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't called stealership myself yet, but my paint guy says he can't get the rear window molding and can't find anything aftermarket.
seemed to me that the stock glass doesn't fit very well in the opening, there's extra space on the top but minimal space on the sides?

found a wood in a local yard that came from the factory without a top, but my paint guy says i won't be able to have that window+molding taken out because it will get ruined?

just a shot in the dark, if anyone has experience.
just trying to get a stock look. fwiw my rear pillar moldings are now filled.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Vinyl and vinyl-delete backlites have different trim pre-attached. They don't interchange. Best bet is to find a vinyl-delete backlite and remove it. I bought a vinyl delete backlite from a yard when I removed my top.

Not tracking why a capable bodyman can't remove a backlite intact.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sir, I appreciate the reply and I will pass on the example of personal experience.

Maybe I should have someone else pull the vinyl delete window+backlite and either bring it to him or just have someone else install it.

Facepalm with some of these "body guys"...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Vinyl and vinyl-delete backlites have different trim pre-attached. They don't interchange. Best bet is to find a vinyl-delete backlite and remove it. I bought a vinyl delete backlite from a yard when I removed my top.

Not tracking why a capable bodyman can't remove a backlite intact.
I'm not sure what you mean by "back light". Could you explain.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Same as back window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts