Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the front window regulators are sold as a a whole unit or seperately? (motor seperate from regulator) I fixed both the rear windows and went to tackle the drivers door. Took the door panel off and both window track bushings were in tact. The window moves up/dwn by hand with no problems. When the window switch is used, I can hear the window motor operating. Thinking the actual regulator is stripped. Anyone had this happen? Thinking I'll replace the whole assembly while the door panel is off. Just looking for some feedback 'cause have not really heard that the regulator goes bad often. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
The regulators seldom wear out, but the motor may be shot. The brushes wear out.

The regulator and motor are seperate assemblies, but the motor is a pain to replace. Yours may have been replaced and the bolts/rivets may be loose/broken. If that is the case, tighten/install new bolts/rivets. Other than that, your best bet is to buy a used regulator from you local PNP JY. You can use 1/2 inch long, 1/4 inch bolts, and nyloc nuts to reinstall the regulator. I check the operation with an 18v drill battery while I am at the yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FK...Thx for the reply. I"ll chk the local PNP and see what happens. Just pissed 'cause of all the windows that work.....It ain't MY window!!! But really thx fur the help and we'll see what happens!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts