Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find anything searching around, so I thought I'd ask about the availability of window rollers these days?

I thought I'd get a pair to replace the ones I did 9 years ago since I'll be swapping glass from the door the deer hit on my 2 weeks ago.

Thx.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Any auto parts store will have them

·
Registered
7,984 Posts

·
Registered
7,984 Posts

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Ha. I just replaced a slider on my black car Friday, working from the dozen or so I got from Dal decades back and re-discovered last year in the bottom of a box. This was just after joining the forum and hearing all the breaks, but before any aftermarket was out there - hence skyrocketing dealer price. I was a little leery but Dal assured me that these were softer nylon and didn't snap like originals. So I grabbed a bunch when they were super cheap. I've used those Dormans too over the years but ran out and sure glad to find my old collection. That's all, really - except these things have really gotten easy to change out after doing almost a dozen. Just leave the broken pieces in the track, spread the end crimps a little with a screwdriver or vicegrips, jamb the new one in the end of the track with channelocks and straightshank as lever (or just use a tiny hammer in there) , squeeze the ball home with the same channellocks or a tiny c-clamp. It took longer to re-epoxy the damn flimsy trim around the door pull - that had snapped when I put in speakers 10 years ago.... This time I bedded in toothpicks as strongbacks. lol And I also had to finally glue up a repair for a broken tab for the lock rocker that someone gorilla-fingered a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
If you can't find any Dorman's around, you check out Hamilton Chevrolet on Ebay. They come with the Christmas trees and I think they run about $25 per door. A bit pricey I would think.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
If you can't find any Dorman's around, you check out Hamilton Chevrolet on Ebay. They come with the Christmas trees and I think they run about $25 per door. A bit pricey I would think.

Mark: Snowman-33
I would not buy from Hamilton chev... rock auto you can buy 8 dorman Part No: 74444 delivered
for $36.... If one is broken best have back up.. 3.62 bucks each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts