Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car sat for nearly two years outside, waiting to get an engine rebuild. When I got it back, a lot of hoses needed replacing. My drivers side window goes down slowly, in fact, it stops after going down about an inch. I hit the switch after a minute and it goes down another inch. Then again. Once it gets close to halfway down, it comes down fine. Going up is no problem. Likely this is the motor?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i just bought a '95 9C1 with a similar issue. it'll go down a little, then a little more, but stops about 2/3 down. doesn't like to go up. you have to pull it up, while holding the switch.
I'm going to take the door panel off this weekend and have a look.
I ordered an ac delco motor from rock auto, along with new rollers. it was cheap enough that if it's not the problem, i could just hold onto it.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Check your interior seal along the bottom of the glass. It may be rolling under, and jamming the window. I do not have a cure for the issue, but taking pressure off of the glass, or lubricating it with dry lube may help. Cleaning the glass and seal may also help.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
With cars approaching 20 years old, things like this wear out
espcially DS window which is used the most.
Count on replacing the regulator motor soon in any of these cars. ;)

Nab

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With cars approaching 20 years old, things like this wear out
espcially DS window which is used the most.
Count on replacing the regulator motor soon in any of these cars. ;)

Nab
Well, got lucky. It was both window sliders jamming in their tracks. Replaced them with the round nylon ones and a good bit of WB grease and like new again. All's well. Thanks Blue Wail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts