Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know the name of the X Device Window Mechanism that raises and lowers the Window.

One of the Pins that slots into the Roller Bar is broken.

Need to replace mine for the Rear Driver Side Door..

Dan

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
The part is a ball stud. I do not think the stud is available seperately. You should be able to get a REGULATOR from the local PNP yard. If you are not able to do that, I can get one, but the shipping is a little expensive because of the weight.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
It could well be the slider. Deciphering the description that we get on the forum is sometimes confusing. The sliders/rollers are available inexpensively. Someone just posted a picture thread on the removal and replacement of the sliders. He is supposed to accompany it with a description. It shows the end of the track that has to have the crimp straightened for R&R. Once you have the inner door panel off, it only takes a few minutes to do the job.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It shows the end of the track that has to have the crimp straightened for R&R.
Is it possible to straighten the crimp with the track in place? (I've always assumed that you have to take the track off the window in order to not risk breaking the glass. As I didn't want to take it off, I instead always dremeled a half-moon shape into one inner track edge (in an area of the track where the sliders/rollers never reach) and popped the roller in there.)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The part is a ball stud. I do not think the stud is available seperately. You should be able to get a REGULATOR from the local PNP yard. If you are not able to do that, I can get one, but the shipping is a little expensive because of the weight.
How you doing Fred? You feeling better?

That is a great offer Fred...
YES the Ball Stud broke on the X - Mechanism.
The Plastic Roller apparently broke and some how the Ball Stud fell out. It is Shot Peened in to the hole. No way to put back in.

Best way to fis the window. Replace whole mechanism that connects to the motor.

Fred if you have access to one.
I will be happy to pay for the part, your time and shipping.

Between running a business, travel soccer, refing soccer, physical activities and honeydoes. I have no time. Though I do make time to fix the car.

I need to work out 3-4 times week to stay fit from a back injury. The Soccer Refing is unique because you get paid to exercise and have a whole lot of fun.

BTW the Borgeson Steering Shaft works beautifully inthe SSuperWagon though it cost $269. Even my wife does not mind driving the wagon, though it is a huge car for her. Going to put one in the 95 SS.

BTW made a modification to the Throttle Body of the SS. Last week I replaced he Garbage Disposal. I replaced the Metal Funnel Ring on the Sink. Well it is 3" wide.

So I got a old MAF Rubber Fitting pushed on the Metal Funnel Ring and now I have a cool looking Venturi for the TB..

Dan

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Just got the OK from the doc to start light exercise. The arm is fully articulating, and feels good. I just have to build up muscle again.

It rained this evening, so I may have to wait a couple of days for the lakes at the yard to receed. I have 2 rear passenger side door regulators, and a driver side front, wouldn't you know it.

To reinstall, it is easier to use 1 inch long bolts and nylock nuts. If it ever self destructs again, they are easier to remove, and you do not need a jack hammer to set the rivets.

The crimp in the track can be opened with it installed on the window. Just be careful. I pry them open with a flat blade screwdriver. You can assemble the rollers/sliders on the arm, and slide them in before you bolt the lower track, and motor in place. The lower track attachment holes are slots for adjusting the window position.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the OK from the doc to start light exercise. The arm is fully articulating, and feels good. I just have to build up muscle again.

It rained this evening, so I may have to wait a couple of days for the lakes at the yard to receed. I have 2 rear passenger side door regulators, and a driver side front, wouldn't you know it.

To reinstall, it is easier to use 1 inch long bolts and nylock nuts. If it ever self destructs again, they are easier to remove, and you do not need a jack hammer to set the rivets.

The crimp in the track can be opened with it installed on the window. Just be careful. I pry them open with a flat blade screwdriver. You can assemble the rollers/sliders on the arm, and slide them in before you bolt the lower track, and motor in place. The lower track attachment holes are slots for adjusting the window position.
WOW Fred that is really good to know.
Nothing like and unjury or event in out lives to slow us down.

When you get a chance I will take one of the Mechanisms.
I think both front and rear doors have the same mechanism.
Wondering if they are the same right and left?

Get well ole man..:)
Dan

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Hope springs eternal, but sorry to say, they are all different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.