Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While swapping out my factory wiper arms for the Le Sabre arms I ended up breaking the plastic nipple that the passenger side washer hose attaches to that is located under the cowling. It is item #13 in the pic (GM #22087153) and is a discontinued part. I did remove the cowling and also found out that the plastic hard line is also cracked in a few places which "should be" part of that same part number. Does anyone have an idea of where to find this new or have a good used set-up. I would really prefer to purchase a new one as parts that are plastic/rubber get very brittle after 21 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
4X4
I went looking for mine that broke too. I couldn't find it right off. I was able to fix mine though. As I remember I used a vacuum line fitting. Mine broke where the line goes through the little square portion. I drilled or reamed it out and put the fitting in it's place. I searched for a new one several years ago. NADA

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
I have a couple of them. I would like $25 plus shipping for one. You can remove the screws at the front of the cowl, and R&R it from the front. It is held in place by two clips on the bottom of the cowl, and the line to the "T" from the pump.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred, I'll let you know as I'm going to see what I can come up with tomorrow as a more permanent repair in steel rather than plastic.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Fred, I'll let you know as I'm going to see what I can come up with tomorrow as a more permanent repair in steel rather than plastic.
no steel . washer fluid is not good on steel . use plastic fittings what ever very cheap and no problems .

you could find s/steel fittings those would work but why . my 22 plus year old washer hose wiper fittings still good. last year I took off the wiper arms and had them painted flat black no problems .

I have removed also the air vent intake for HVAC a few times to clean up the tree crap so I had to remove those hoses also at that time.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
While the actual part Fred has would be "plug & play"...you may be able to find the hard line, elbow or T at most auto part stores where they have all the various vacuum and emission fittings in plastic and "make" something that works along with whatever rubber vac line you need....aka "improvise"

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
While the actual part Fred has would be "plug & play"...you may be able to find the hard line, elbow or T at most auto part stores where they have all the various vacuum and emission fittings in plastic and "make" something that works along with whatever rubber vac line you need....aka "improvise"

forgot to mention .
I have a hardware store near me has barbed nylon fittings much stronger and handles all auto fluids . 50 cent ea..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have been more specific when I said steel, I'm thinking making a permanent repair with copper tubing and brass fittings and braze it all together. This would eliminate any future issues under the cowling.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got this repair for now with a plastic nipple splice and drilling out the right side fitting and his g a piece of rubber hose to splice the plastic tube back together. I'm going to spend more time later making a new piece with copper tube and a brass tee as I said previously. I could make several if others are in need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got this repair for now with a plastic nipple splice and drilling out the right side fitting and his g a piece of rubber hose to splice the plastic tube back together. I'm going to spend more time later making a new piece with copper tube and a brass tee as I said previously. I could make several if others are in need.
Did you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find a good way to get it fixed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts