Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the pump is ok, no power at the connector. I moved recently and not sure where my manuals are.
Can someone give me some info about the connector on the back of the motor?
I search and found a post but image link were dead. Thanks photobucket...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I connect the gray wire from the column in the diagram to ground using the multimeter I should get some voltage when I activate the pump, right?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I tried both the grey and pink wires, pink one was dead and the grey one had 2v.
So I'll try swapping out the switch. I can pull one off my parts car but I'm not sure how to remove it without the manual.

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
IDK which wire does what...but the switch activates the pump. My assumption is the switch is bad.

You can run test wire leads to the pump itself from battery to activate it to confirm the pump works

...and I assume you checked the fuse

I have just read that the column lever/switch can FU (lights, washer,, wipers) so suggested checking that

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
The switch is probably in the column, not in the turn signal stalk. There may also be a circuit through the wiper motor module. When you use the washer, the wiper activates for 3 cycles.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah might have to go into the column but the turn signal springs are busted too so I can do that as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok I finally found my manuals.
Here is the troubleshooting page I needed, page 8E-10:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_wHzDrqcAj5ZF94MmhUZDh6MHc
I went through the procedures and got strange and inconsistent readings.
Learned about backprobing and while I was was testing the wiper connector with a pin the washer pump started working again! I have no idea why it "fixed itself" but I'm guessing there was a poor connection at the connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts