Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

Regardless of what style blade you use (hook-style required), some have found that the right side blade may actually work better as a 20" blade rather than 21" as used in the original writeup.

Make your own choice--it only results in 1/2" difference in maximum sweep height.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Anyone know if the 2002 buick regal wipers the same? I found a set today, but wanted to be sure before i buy them tommorow thanks.
No idea if they work--if they're same or similar to 2000+ Impala, they will not work.

The arms used for the mod were installed on the following vehicles:

Aurora 2001-2003 G

Bonneville 2000-2005 H

Lesabre 2000-2005 H - see item 3 (cap) and 5 (left & right arms)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I can tell you at 130mph the wipers stay where they're supposed to. Accordig to fellow member roupin you don't need wipers when going over 90mph in the rain :) I see no point using wipers at over 100mph.
Matt makes a good point.

My question regarding the 9C1 arm design--have you noticed that it makes any real difference at "normal" speeds compared to stock arms/blades?

There are a number of hook-style blades available, whether the conventional "suspension" type or single-beam type that will fit the arms used in the mod. Several of them--single-beam mainly--have an airfoil built right into them, so IF the loss of the 9C1 "wing" is an issue, you have options.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Pictures

Original install on my car

Blade length recommendation

Unfortunately, the Forum does not allow editing of individual posts after a certain amount of time, or this information would be more accurate in the first post in the thread, instead of the chase through the pages of the thread you have to run to make full sense of things....sorry! Admin can't or isn't allowed to help, as far as I know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.