Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Resurrectiing an old thread. Great mod, but what wiper arm works similar on the wagon rear? Stock rear has same problems as front. I will also start new thread in wagon section.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
does anyone know if this mod will work on a fleetwood? if so anybody got a set for sale?
It uses the same windshield so it should work.

Lots of LeSabres, Park Avenues, and Bonnevilles out there to pick apart.

Anyone done a wagon rear wiper mod - what was used?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The bent arm needs to be on the LH (drivers) side. That sounds like why your arm is going off the windshield. The bent arm will sit higher off the windshield than the factory arm. Sounds like you might not have had the arm tightened down good enough (my assumption). I will go out and take a pic of mine.

The drivers side arm may be VERY CAREFULLY bent to allow it to park nearer the bottom and to enhance appearance and correct uneveness. Do it with the wiper blade removed. I used 2 small blocks of wood for protection with a vise grips. Bend a very little at a time and hold the arm so it does not twist on the shaft wrecking the shaft knurling and distorting the arm geometry.

BTW - 20" on the passenger side is best.

Also - still looking for a similar setup for the wagon rear - see my previous thread in wagon section.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
here is my alternative;)

While they may look nice, they still use the sloppy pin mount. The intent and purpose of this thread was to offer a better alternative than stock - the "J" hook mount system.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Can someone explain the steps needed to remove stock wiper blades in order to peform this mod ? I have a stock 1996 impala , and from what I can see there is a nut holding arm in place , after nut is removed the wiper arm seems stuck , very difficult to remove with my hand is there a special tool everyone is using ?
The special tool needed is a nail or small drill bit. You will notice there are holes in the arm near the pivot point. Insert nail or bit completely through arm holes after lifting slightly away from glass to release the tension on the arm spring. Then the arm can be removed from the shaft.

Amazing what can be learned from the FSM.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I thought it was Bonneville and LeSabre 01-05. (without checking every previous post here - it's in here somewhere).

With those arms, 20" and 24" work properly. If they don't, arms need to be reset on the shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.