Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I just did this upgrade today, after finally using up my inventory of Anco refill blades on the 9C1 arms.

I'm looking forward to the rain we're supposed to get next week, before I take her off the road for the year.

· Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Hello - first post.

Refurbishing my Dad's completely original 96 WX3 in preparation for selling it - lots more posts coming soon about the fun I've had doing it (and questions), but in the meantime, is there a trick to getting those bolt covers off without damaging them? I need to paint the arms.

Thanks for all the advice I've been reading on these boards - have helped immensely!!
Are you referring to the plastic caps on the end of the arms which cover the stud & nut? Mine came off very easily. I got under the round end and pulled up.

Today was the first day in the rain with the new arms, and I can just say I am so thrilled with the performance of the new arms & Bosch blades. It's amazing to have such a quiet and clear view.

· Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Fuzzcar

What a coinky-dink. My drivers side blade won't stay put and it's raining today; can't go to work until I fix it.

I thought the wiper arms were 22" for both sides. By chance do you know if these parts are still sold at the dealers?

10364940 Wiper arm, RH
10364941 Wiper arm, LH
12367275 Cap, arm finial—covers retaining nut (2 req’d)
11589150 Nut, arm retaining—same as B-body (2 req’d)
[SNIP]
GMPartsgiant, GMPartsdirect & RMSAuto are showing these available. I'm not sure if a local $tealership will have them in stock, but it's worth a shot.

You could also try contacting Mike P @ Hamilton Chevy as well.

· Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I installed the new arms with the Bosch Icon blades (unfortunately, I got a 21" for the passenger side by mistake, but that isn't the problem).

For the record, LH is driver side and RH is passenger side, correct? I can be a** backwards, sometimes.

I put the angled arm on the DS, but switched it to the passenger side. The hood kept hitting it. There seemed to be a lot of clearance between the windshield and the angled arm when it was on the DS; the only way I could get it so the hood would clear was to set it higher up on the windshield and that's too high - it looks like it's on the intermittent setting.

After the switch, there were no problems with clearance for the hood. However, the arm sweep went well off the windshield on the drivers side. I know I got the correct part numbers. I put a 22" blade on the drivers side and a 21" on the passenger side. As I said in the beginning, I got the 21" by mistake, but that shouldn't affect the sweep or height problems I'm having on the drivers side.

Any thoughts? Or in a word, HELP!
Just a quick reply as I'm away from my ride, but to quickly answer your rh and lh question: yes the driver's side is the LH. Always think of it as if your sitting in the driver's seat. Not looking at the engine bay while the hood is open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.