Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I finally completed this. I got the cheapest blades I could find because I don't drive in rain, but I co-sign that the 20" blade will fit better. I got a 21" for the pass. side and it sits right with the moulding. Go 22" and 20".

However, I put Bosch Icons on my daily and they are serious. No streaks and perfect wipes IMO.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone know if the 2002 buick regal wipers the same? I found a set today, but wanted to be sure before i buy them tommorow thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Trouble, I'll chk tomorrow in the yard if they are the same:)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Anyone know if the 2002 buick regal wipers the same? I found a set today, but wanted to be sure before i buy them tommorow thanks.
No idea if they work--if they're same or similar to 2000+ Impala, they will not work.

The arms used for the mod were installed on the following vehicles:

Aurora 2001-2003 G

Bonneville 2000-2005 H

Lesabre 2000-2005 H - see item 3 (cap) and 5 (left & right arms)

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I have a couple more sets off Bonnevilles and Lesabres if any1 is interested:) pm me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No idea if they work--if they're same or similar to 2000+ Impala, they will not work.

The arms used for the mod were installed on the following vehicles:

Aurora 2001-2003 G

Bonneville 2000-2005 H

Lesabre 2000-2005 H
I'll go check Pull-a-Part today and see if I can find me a set.

Thanks Bill.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have a couple more sets off Bonnevilles and Lesabres if any1 is interested:) pm me.
I got mine from him, terrific shape and great price! Save yorself some cash and have him hook you up

·
Registered
196 Posts
Finally got a set from a 01 aurora, thanks for the heads up. I had to negotiate a lil', guess the junkyard dont realize we are in a recession. He wanted $40, after explaining to him i would buy them for $20 or he could get like .30 cents at the crusher for them he finally came around. So its on to the next mod...

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Resurrectiing an old thread. Great mod, but what wiper arm works similar on the wagon rear? Stock rear has same problems as front. I will also start new thread in wagon section.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
i want to do this mod.. but if i do i will lose the SEO wiper "wing" mod.

I can tell you at 130mph the wipers stay where they're supposed to. Accordig to fellow member roupin you don't need wipers when going over 90mph in the rain :) I see no point using wipers at over 100mph.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I can tell you at 130mph the wipers stay where they're supposed to. Accordig to fellow member roupin you don't need wipers when going over 90mph in the rain :) I see no point using wipers at over 100mph.
Matt makes a good point.

My question regarding the 9C1 arm design--have you noticed that it makes any real difference at "normal" speeds compared to stock arms/blades?

There are a number of hook-style blades available, whether the conventional "suspension" type or single-beam type that will fit the arms used in the mod. Several of them--single-beam mainly--have an airfoil built right into them, so IF the loss of the 9C1 "wing" is an issue, you have options.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just wondering they still go down all the way when you cut them off right?

·
Registered
413 Posts
So the advantages of this swap are?
I like how the blades go all the way down when off resting on the stops.

·
Registered
785 Posts
So the advantages of this swap are?
I like how the blades go all the way down when off resting on the stops.
no more chatter. thats the only reason i needed. but they fold away from the window and update the look a little as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just cant bring myself to do it. I just like the way they rest on the bump stop. Maybe if there was way to remove the stop but it have to be cut off.

21 - 40 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.