Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 135 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
I think the hook-mount design makes the blade more stable at it’s attachment point to the arm compared to the pin-mount design. I’m using Bosch Icon wiper blades, which are the increasingly more common “beam” (Bosch calls it "bracketless") design - a simple arched spring steel strip with the rubber blade bonded to it—a very clean look, in my opinion, and very effective in use, too. The Icon design incorporates a full-length airfoil, which a number of new GM vehicles I’ve looked at recently are also using. Bosch is only making this wiper in the hook-mount design, thus my decision to change arms, too, and it was just luck that led me to the parts I selected.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...+arms+a+new+approach&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
bosch does have the evolution blade that i have been using for two years on my 95 SS that does have the pin style on it and the are the beam blades. they are also cheaper than the icons

· Registered
115 Posts
I've been wanting to do this mod but haven't gotten around to it yet. I was looking at the wiper arms on our 1996 GMC pickup and it flips out and stays out. I'll have to take a closer look and see if they'll work on the Caprice. If they do, I'll use those since we are donating the truck to get rid of it. Plus the wiper arm is straight and should rest on the blocks like the stock arms do.

They even take the hook style blades and have a near brand new set of Rain X blades on it.

· Registered
615 Posts
I did this mod to my wagon, but I used wiper arms from a 2000 Monte, that a friend was scrapping. I love the mod, but I cant get the washers to squirt properly. I may install squirters on the hood from some other car to get the system to work.
These wipers work just fine. They do a great job wiping, I just havent got the squiters squirtin' right yet!
Finally got the squirters working right. The tee sending fluid to the pass. side arm was snapped. Replaced with a good one from my collection, and now squirts GREAT!!
So this means w-body wipers can be added to the list correct? I can find '00 impalas easier around my way.

· Registered
615 Posts
So this means w-body wipers can be added to the list correct? I can find '00 impalas easier around my way.
I was at the yard today and was about to grab some '04 impala wiper arms, they would not fold up as far or stay up as Navy's pics show (actually they dont even look like the ones in his pics either). So Im back to searching for non w-body cars.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
does anyone know if this mod will work on a fleetwood? if so anybody got a set for sale?
It uses the same windshield so it should work.

Lots of LeSabres, Park Avenues, and Bonnevilles out there to pick apart.

Anyone done a wagon rear wiper mod - what was used?

· Registered
1,369 Posts
ok, it's just about that time. First rain of the season and my wiper arms are chattering bad!

Been looking forward to this mod, I just didn't want to do anything in the summer that might suggest that rain would ever come again.

· Premium Member
73 Posts
Fuzzcar

What a coinky-dink. My drivers side blade won't stay put and it's raining today; can't go to work until I fix it.

I thought the wiper arms were 22" for both sides. By chance do you know if these parts are still sold at the dealers?

10364940 Wiper arm, RH
10364941 Wiper arm, LH
12367275 Cap, arm finial—covers retaining nut (2 req’d)
11589150 Nut, arm retaining—same as B-body (2 req’d)

Bosch Icon blades
422A 22” for Driver side (LH)
421B 21” for Passenger side (RH)

Thanks for the assist. I learn something new everytime I log on to the Forum.

Runesman

61 - 80 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.