Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried installing a wiper motor from a different model into caprice or impala? I just think it's crazy that GM sold this many b-bodies but yet don't have any replacement pulse module boards. I was curious if a motor from a Roadmaster or Caddy could be made to work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Roadmaster will work. Cross reference the whole assembly part number and you will find out what all it will fit then go from there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There are several models that interchange, the most common are the Roadmaster and Fleetwood(rwd).
2-3 weeks ago I was lucky to get a new wiper module at a decent price. I also got a used complete assembly from a Fleetwood as a spare.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know pretty soon finding used ones won't be an option. I wonder how hard it would to install from something that is available.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Most GM cars from 91-97 with delay wipers have the same module on the wiper motor. If the connector fits, it should work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the GM # 19179662 is the complete wiper motor assy with the board on it . cost is around 100.00 ..

I saw that the buick lesabre 1987-1999 used this .
If you can find one at that price, buy a bunch of them. My local GM dealer can only get reman motors at $165. without the module.

Would this be the one you are talking about?? Reading the fine print, it says that only the module is being sold, but that is still a good price considering GM no longer makes them. That dealer(and a few others) must have some old stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OEM-1917...011&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=300987555253&#ht_1087wt_930

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
The problem with the wipers is almost always the black box. It is hardly ever the motor itself. You can still get the black boxes at the junk yard, and if you stock up on them, you will be able to avoid the cost of the motor. I sell the black boxes, and have never had anyone need the motor along with one. Get some of the black boxes and keep a couple on hand. They are easy to R&R, and cost effective. Do not buy entire motor assemblies, they are a waste of your money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.