Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.
1995 Caprice wagon. LT1, 180k mileage, belltech drop kit, powerstop brake kit.

about 90% of the time when i start my windshield wipers, (any setting. even mist) they do not stop. They just keep wiping. Only way i can stop it is put my car in park, turn it off, turn it back on, and they return to their resting position.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
The black cover on front of wiper motor most commonly is swapped out with another used one.There's a circuit board on backside that develops bad solder where the plug pins marry onto board. If you can solder reasonably welll,I'd unsnap board from black cover and look for cracked solder.Here's couple pics I took of one.These are no longer avail new,btw. This board was used on quite a few GM casr of the era which helps when hunting one down in junk yard.
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,034 Posts
I would just leave it the way it is and spray wiper fluid frequently.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Moving to Seattle where it always rains is also an option :)

Another option is taking a look at the wiper stalk on the column. The grey wire on terminal B at the wiper motor needs to de-energize to release the park relay which begins the park process and ultimately shuts the wipers off. When you key the ignition off, you remove power to the stalk which effectively does the same thing.

If you can put a test light on this wire, turn the wipers on and the light should light up. When you turn the wipers off, if the light turns off, the issue is inside the wiper motor assembly. If the light stays on, the issue is likely in the stalk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this group really is a goldmine for knowledge. I will look into this! Thank you!

on a different note, does anyone in the Virginia have a set of used front coil springs laying around? I need them!

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,034 Posts
I would just leave it the way it is and spray wiper fluid frequently.
Moving to Seattle where it always rains is also an option :)
this group really is a goldmine for knowledge. I will look into this! Thank you!
Glad we could help! 😁

on a different note, does anyone in the Virginia have a set of used front coil springs laying around? I need them!
My friend just told me that someone on Facebook is selling a pair of Hotchkis front springs for $50, but I'm not sure of their location. Those would also be lowering springs, of course.

I could sell you a pair of nice Fleetwood springs, but I'm not sure how quickly I can get them removed. I'm in Illinois, but they wouldn't cost much to ship.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know. If I can get the stock height springs to my house for $50, then buy them. I need them asap

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
I have a couple of wiper modules. $45 shipped.

Reactions: Jimpala95
1 - 8 of 8 Posts