Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a diagram that shows where all the wires/ spark plugs go. I happened to have all but one wire replace, which is short and both ends are black unlike the other ones.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so, my friend said it goes into the opti, so this is the coil? and he described it being located on the driver side also

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
All of the wires will be going to the opti. There is a coil a little smaller than the size of a baseball. You will find the coil on the driver's side, on the front of the engine. It is in front of the driver's side head or at least very close to it. On said coil, there will be a spark plug wire comming out of it. the other end goes to the connector on the opti in the one o'clock position.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You should not work on your car with out a Haynes Manual at the very least. This is not something unique to these cars. All wire sets usually have a coil wire included. Have you never changed a wire set before?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is my first car and I found the coil, it looked different because it actually had the protective loom around it.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Not a bad rig to snag as a 'first car'. Mine was a $75 Chevy wagon. ;) It's good to see you diving right in there. May I suggest one better than Jim B.'s Haynes recommendation 'at the very least.' Treat yourself to a Factory Service Manual (FSM). Not only are they gold for the price of coal, but search posts by Big Bad Wolf here for a possible treat along those lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts