Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some guy at school he said he could get a set of 8 wiseco pistons for a sb 350 for $250.00 and I was wondering it thats a good price I dont need them I was just wondering if he was tryin to rip me off?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In its latest catalog, Summit lists 13 different Wiseco pistons for a chevy smallblock. Some are flattop, some are domed, some are for .030 overbored engines, some are for 6 inch rods instead of the stock 5.7. None of them are priced under $463. Make sure this guy is selling the part number you can use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are Wiseco's a good choice to run in a small block? We used to use them when I worked at a jet ski shop and they were kinda $hitty. Customers would sieze them, or the little pin that indexes the ring gap would fall out and then blow up. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he said the part# was k167a2 for .020 overbored 350 Ill ask my dad if wants to buy them for his 72 swb c10 he has a 350 that is .020 overbored sounds like a good deal.

anybody have good or bad comments about wiseco? I got 1 bad comment from Randode anyone have any good experience with this company

thanks
Rigo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey rigo-
be wary of doing a build piece by piece, a system designed first would be better than grabbing the best deal at hand. if it's something dad can use, 250 is a great price. afaik, i employ wisecos and have been very satisfied. their forged slugs performed flawlessly. it was my fuel delivery/overdose of nos that caused the detonation. i used them again for the rebuild. good luck, hth.
doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many moons ago when I raced motocross I used them in my bikes. They were considered to be the best at that time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.