Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up the new wagon on Monday and have been fixing all sorts of little stuff with the help of the info I found on this board (see my post a few rows down).

I have a '94 RMW with a factory CD player, which I was very happy to find. However I was quickly disapointed to find out the CD player did not work. Nothing. It would take the CD play with it a bit and try to spit it back out, take it back and try again. Wasn't going to work.

Well I took "Chilly Johnson's" suggestion and went to Radio Shack and bought a CD laser cleaning disk for $12. Popped it in and wa'la it starts playing the disk! :D I ran it thru the complete cycle, about a min or so, and then played one of my regular cd's. Worked great! I am so pumped.

After that each time I shut the car off and restarted it the player would wig out again and start acting up. Ran the disk, and it worked fine. I did that process about 3 times, but the last time I started it it worked fine. I am guessing it might take a couple cleanings. I am pretty sure the previous owners were an older couple and I am sure they didn't play a lot of CD's, if any at all, over the last 11 years.

Just thought I would pass along the info. If your CD player is acting up try a $12 disk before replacing the unit. I am glad Chilly suggested it because I would have never thought of it.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.