1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
153 Posts
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1996-Chevrolet-Impala-ss/202148931704?hash=item2f1103e878:g:gGcAAOSw1QpaM~~J

Looks to have pretty much everything put on it in the day.

"Left at my friends, can't find the owner. battery is dead , don't know the miles"
Well we know the story is bogus, if true the owner of the property can place an "abandoned" claim on the vehicle after 30 days with the court and the court gives the last known owner another 30 days from the time it is requested. If the original owner doesn't claim the car then it becomes the property of the person in possession and they can get a clean title.

Most people would just have had the car towed so I still don't buy the story.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
All 3 Of Us Pick The Same Thing...

Battery is dead so I don't know the true miles.

107 things sold with 100% satisfaction, and neither the lister or 'friend' has jumpers to read the 'true miles' ? Do they make honest people that stupid?

With salvage title it's certainly not worth cherrying out, and looks like a recovered theft and owner procrastinated stripping it out. Could turn out good parts-n-pieces, but hinky nonetheless.

Hood and aircleaner be all worth that current bid eh?

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
[SNIP]

Hood and aircleaner be all worth that current bid eh?
Don't forget about the dash cover, and those lame-a$$ door pulls seen on the rear door panels.

Wheels & tires are acceptable. Hate the tail lights.....

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Well we know the story is bogus, if true the owner of the property can place an "abandoned" claim on the vehicle after 30 days with the court and the court gives the last known owner another 30 days from the time it is requested. If the original owner doesn't claim the car then it becomes the property of the person in possession and they can get a clean title.
People are lazy and often uninformed. They may not have wanted to deal with the paperwork and hoops necessary to obtain such a title, or simply didn't know they could do so.

With salvage title it's certainly not worth cherrying out, and looks like a recovered theft and owner procrastinated stripping it out. Could turn out good parts-n-pieces, but hinky nonetheless.
The description states they don't have a title for it. Regardless, the situation is "hinky".

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Look at the performance cars in the background.
The car was left at the shop or owner didnt pay bill.
They shop simply wants the car gone with little hassle.
I would doubt the car is stolen if hes offering bill of sale.

Nab

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Or -

-Look at the performance cars in the background.
-The car was left at the shop or owner didnt pay bill.
-They shop simply wants the car gone with little hassle.
-I would doubt the car is stolen if hes offering bill of sale.

Nab
Plausible. But,
-I caught that too. NWIH (No Way ..) a lister associated with a business like that would actually be as daft as he(she) lets on
-The owner treated that shop like a pawn shop and got a few bucks for his theft-returned-salvage-title-Florida-sunbaked-someday-hoped-for-restoration
-The shop (who likely took it off the lazy ass owner's hands) is busy and ain't got no dam time for this money pit
-Well, the listing states Title:Salvage. So my take it WAS stolen, the owner got a salvage title for cheap buyback, sold it to that shop, and the new seller don't wanna let on, and don't wanna fhecgh wit it no mo. So, it's the usual Sgt. Schultz, "I Know Nut-Think!"

As the '60's B&W series says, "There's a thousand stories in the big city. This is just one of them."

Funny stuff: dint see pic of ign sw. Would LOVE to see pic of undercarnage (undercarriage). Hear the (mayhaps seized) motor run?

Yes, ima MO cynic. As with any lottery, you can't lose if you don't play.

Pass

·
Registered
8,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
My sister and her husband have lived there for 20 years, it is a wealthy little town. I will be down there in March for the St Louis Cardinals Spring training games with my old man.
It looks rusty around the door sills and front cross member, but maybe worth a tow back to St Louis with my trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
The carfax report shows that it was a Wisconsin car for years and it was driven to Florida and taken to a shop for repair and then never reclaimed so that is why it looks rusty and why the guy does not have a title to sell it with!

Mike--94MSP9C1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts