Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
ouch.

Grant has an all wood wheel (1169) that i've had my eyes on for probably 5 years now, and i think it runs about $3-350...i really like the leather and wood look but im not sure if i'd pick it over the grant for the same price or maybe even more...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Is there a list of the GM wheels that would fit? And match the stock color? I've never been a fan of the aftermarket steering wheels.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
If you are patient, you can find some nice wood wheels on ebay for a reasonable amount of $$$. I paid $60 delivered to my door for the all wood wheel on my 91, and I have about $35 in the wood and metal one. I can swap them out with my quick disconnect. I will admit they are used, and have a few minor flaws, but for the price...

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are patient, you can find some nice wood wheels on ebay for a reasonable amount of $$$. I paid $60 delivered to my door for the all wood wheel on my 91, and I have about $35 in the wood and metal one. I can swap them out with my quick disconnect. I will admit they are used, and have a few minor flaws, but for the price...

The price is cheap but you loose the air bag, having the air bag makes it worth the price for me

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
If you use your seatbelts you do not need an airbag unless you are going to run into a wall at 75 MPH, and even then you may not need it. Depending on how big you are, airbags can actually hurt you more than not having one. Seat belts are fine with me, I wear them, and they saved my butt in a 50 MPH T-bone before airbags. The only injuries were a chipped bone in my ankle, and the bruise from the belt. The airbag is called a "supplimental restraint system". I suppose that it infers that it is for those who forget to use their primary restraint system (seatbelts).

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Steering Wheel Choices...we have choices...

I have the Nardi wood wheel in the Roadmaster wagon and in the '94 Fleetwood. Back in the day I always wanted one on my '72 Fiat 124 Spyder but could never afford it. Now they are just hard to find as well as the adapters. You lose the airbag and there is a fix for fooling the system so it thinks there is still one and keeps the passenger air bag functional.

A tip of the hat to Whyle McConnel, 95RoadMonsterWagon, who is the first person I know of to do this with a steering Take a look at the website:

http://www.american-stitches.com/pages/Wheels%20Wood.htm

They will configure YOUR steering wheel any way you want it and still keep the air bag. Some really good looking pieces here and, while not inexpensive, you get what you pay for.

I was told once that nothing can ever be truly killed in the cyberworld. Perhaps we need to consider what would be the price of admission to restore the forum archives to pre crash status. I know I'd get off a dime to have access to some of the information and revisit what has come before. Is it not time?

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you use your seatbelts you do not need an airbag unless you are going to run into a wall at 75 MPH, and even then you may not need it. Depending on how big you are, airbags can actually hurt you more than not having one. Seat belts are fine with me, I wear them, and they saved my butt in a 50 MPH T-bone before airbags. The only injuries were a chipped bone in my ankle, and the bruise from the belt. The airbag is called a "supplimental restraint system". I suppose that it infers that it is for those who forget to use their primary restraint system (seatbelts).

Say what you wish, damn the money, I am wearing my belt and praying the airbag to comes out if I ever need it.

It's kinda like wearing a condom and your woman is on birthcontrol, you could just say forget the birth control because you are wearing a condom but it is always good to have a back up plan in place ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts