Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, any good ideas to repair the peeling on the wood trim/molding surrounding the wood panels? Is there any aftermarket tape I can use? Thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There are quite a few fixes for that problem. I took all the trim off on my blue wagon, peeled off the plastic and then sanded. I then painted a basecoat of light brown and then spotted it with a dark brown. It came out real good. I think I did it 5 years ago.

Some other guys, remove and then buff it, to it's stainless color.

I think if I were you, being in Norway, I would do it on the car. The reason, if one of the clips breaks, it's a little bit of a problem getting the replacement in Norway.

Check out this site for wagons: http://gmlongroof.4umer.com/forum.htm

In fact there is a guy, Ian "1a1wind", who has just done that, on the car. I saw it, and it looks good. PM him and he will help you out.

Actually, he is the "Wagon of the Month" on that site. Check him out under the LROM heading.

Good Luck

Tom C.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
The wood trim is aluminum, and therefore can be polished. If you tape the car about 6 inches on both sides, you should be able to remove the finish or polish without harming the paint and woodie sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts