Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had a toyota play bumper cars with me. Smashed up my LH fender. The insurance company can fix or replace everything except the wood trim that goes around the wood grain sticker. Anybody know where I can find them?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
PM this guy," BigBlackBeaSSt" he has all the pieces you need.

Tom C.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The wood grain will never match the original.... Try to get the ins company to re-wood the whole side of the car, or find a old fender with wood grain......

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
He's looking for trim Tim.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wood grain will never match the original.... Try to get the ins company to re-wood the whole side of the car, or find a old fender with wood grain......

The insurance only gave me two options, take the check and run or they will do everything but the trim. If I took the check the money would be spent somewhere else and I don't want to drive a dented p.o.s. again.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The insurance only gave me two options, take the check and run or they will do everything but the trim. If I took the check the money would be spent somewhere else and I don't want to drive a dented p.o.s. again.
If it was the other's guy fault, then his insurance company is responsible to fix it (or pay you for it). Even if they take care of getting the car fixed except for the trim, they owe something for the replacement trim. Get a quote for the used trim and then find out how much shop time is to be quoted for removing and replacing it times the shop labor rate. They can cut you a check for it. Get the trim and make your own deal with the shop to install it (or do it yourself).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it was the other's guy fault, then his insurance company is responsible to fix it (or pay you for it). Even if they take care of getting the car fixed except for the trim, they owe something for the replacement trim. Get a quote for the used trim and then find out how much shop time is to be quoted for removing and replacing it times the shop labor rate. They can cut you a check for it. Get the trim and make your own deal with the shop to install it (or do it yourself).

The guy took off when I called the cops. I got his plate and with the help of a friend at the dmv got all the info about him. Last I heard, no one has gotten a hold of him yet. Until I hear different, I'm on my own for the trim.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I believe I have the trim parts, but they are not in excellent condition. They have a few bumps, and the woodgrain finish is coming off. If you have a shop that can take out the bumps, and repaint them I can get them to you cheap...$10 per piece + shipping.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The guy took off when I called the cops. I got his plate and with the help of a friend at the dmv got all the info about him. Last I heard, no one has gotten a hold of him yet. Until I hear different, I'm on my own for the trim.
While your insurance may not like it, if you have uninsured/underinsured and comprehensive coverage then they are on the hook for everything. At least try to get them to give you credit for the trim towards your deductable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While your insurance may not like it, if you have uninsured/underinsured and comprehensive coverage then they are on the hook for everything. At least try to get them to give you credit for the trim towards your deductable.

Yes, I have uninsured/underinsured and comprehensive, the car is fully insured, even have rental. I'll have to talk to my agent.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was thinking

Maybe lose the woodgrain down the sides, and mock the pin stripes Chevy has on some models down the center.

But.

In woodgrain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to thank BigBlackBeaSSt and Fred Kiehl for the offers. I just picked up my wagon from the body shop all fixed up. I'll have to wait til the sun comes up, but from what I can see with the lights at the shop, not only does the sticker match but they managed to find replacement trim. The wagon looks good again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts