Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to get my car re-painted soon...I have a 9c1 with the ugly black and chrome door handles, but I recently found a tan Cadillac fleetwood at the junk yard and was wondering if it would be worth the trouble of replacing all my door handles with those Caddie door handles that come already painted...If anyone has just painted over the 9c1 door handles I'd be interested to know how it turned out??

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
So I want to get my car re-painted soon...I have a 9c1 with the ugly black and chrome door handles, but I recently found a tan Cadillac fleetwood at the junk yard and was wondering if it would be worth the trouble of replacing all my door handles with those Caddie door handles that come already painted...If anyone has just painted over the 9c1 door handles I'd be interested to know how it turned out??
if they are not prepped right they will chip and pait will fall of(no joke)

thanks
Wolf

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
i forget what made it difficult, but i had a hard time getting the fleetwood handles off so i took them off a roadmaster because i wanted my door handles painted also and i didn't want to paint over the ruff plastic that the caprices have

·
Registered
714 Posts
I wonder if you can re 'flow' the plastic surfaces of the Caprice handles with a heat gun- saw an episode of 'Trucks!' where they did this to some fender flares and it kinda restored the fading plastic.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got caddy handles for my 9C1, prepped them for paint just like the rest of the car and they look great. The trick to getting the handles on and off is to remove the glass from the doors, the rear doors are IMPOSSIBLE if you don't take the glass out first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.