Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Would a Catera wheel work in a RMS? Found a great one non deployed and was wondering if it would bolt onto the steering column??

·
Registered
581 Posts
It should because GM has used the same basic steering column for the past 30-40 years or so. Just as long as it has a single stage airbag and you don't mind the Cadillac badgeing. However never investigating it personally I do not know for sure but knowing GM it should. - Peter

·
Registered
119 Posts
well i bought one from a 2000+ Cadillac and it would not fit the shaft is too big for the steering wheel to fit over it so i was not able to get seated onto the column you may want to check first and that was for my impala

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If you get a Grant adapter base for the Caprice, Etc., you could take it with you, pull the wheel, and see if it fits on the shaft. It would save you a lot of guesswork, and running back and forth to check the fit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should because GM has used the same basic steering column for the past 30-40 years or so. Just as long as it has a single stage airbag and you don't mind the Cadillac badgeing. However never investigating it personally I do not know for sure but knowing GM it should. - Peter
Yea, I think I am going to head back and check. This looked like the earlier Catera, and the Caddy badging was a true badge, not an engraving, so....I have a few Buick badges hanging around that may end up on the wheel. If everything works out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get a Grant adapter base for the Caprice, Etc., you could take it with you, pull the wheel, and see if it fits on the shaft. It would save you a lot of guesswork, and running back and forth to check the fit.
Do you have a link to the grant adapter? I checked online, but I am not sure of what I would be looking for...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts