Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its time us Southeast guys got together, say maybe a meet at the Summit raicng superstore in Mcdonough, GA? If anyone has any input or ideas, post up!

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Atlanta takes in alot of area...it has always proven difficult to get a "whole bunch" of B-bodies gathered up in one spot with any regularity.

There are regular events at Year One during "car" season, up at Exit 129 on I-85, north/east of Atlanta.

One of the bigger monthly hangouts is the Canton Cruz-In, 30 miles north of the perimeter on I-575. The October end-of-year Canton Cruz is typically crazy, with 500+ cars showing up for the last go-round of the season.

Other things that happen once a year are the SSHS drag day at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce--up past Year One--on the first Saturday of November. Another annual get-together is a day-trip to Moultrie in the fall, to the big swap meet at the old airport/industrial park just southeast of town...typically the weekend before Thanksgiving--it's a fun drive to get a group together to caravan down there from Atlanta.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Atlanta takes in alot of area...it has always proven difficult to get a "whole bunch" of B-bodies gathered up in one spot with any regularity.

There are regular events at Year One during "car" season, up at Exit 129 on I-85, north/east of Atlanta.

One of the bigger monthly hangouts is the Canton Cruz-In, 30 miles north of the perimeter on I-575. The October end-of-year Canton Cruz is typically crazy, with 500+ cars showing up for the last go-round of the season.

Other things that happen once a year are the SSHS drag day at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce--up past Year One--on the first Saturday of November. Another annual get-together is a day-trip to Moultrie in the fall, to the big swap meet at the old airport/industrial park just southeast of town...typically the weekend before Thanksgiving--it's a fun drive to get a group together to caravan down there from Atlanta.

What Bill said about getting a bunch of Ga guys together is right. HARD to do. But I'm in for anything in the area if I'm free from work. (plus I need to meet up with Bill to get a Posi from him)

Summit would be OK. I've not been to their location in ATL. yet. Just set a date and let's Go!!!

I'll be at SSHS and Moultrie too.

Iggy

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
im down for that. never been to summit but its lets than an hour from me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds good to me but Mcdonough, GA is about a 4.5 hour drive for me.
Id be up for whatever.. I just have to do ALOT of maintenance to the wagon before i can travel farther then atlanta.. id be ultra interested in the meets you guys have mentioned if theyre open to B body wagons.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Id be up for whatever.. I just have to do ALOT of maintenance to the wagon before i can travel farther then atlanta.. id be ultra interested in the meets you guys have mentioned if theyre open to B body wagons.
usually open to ALL b-bodies...

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I think its time us Southeast guys got together, say maybe a meet at the Summit raicng superstore in Mcdonough, GA? If anyone has any input or ideas, post up!
You do know about this "gathering" in your back yard, right?
www.sshs9.com

November 7th - be there! :D

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
dang i had heard nothing about this! thanks man!
You are welcome. This is a "Must Do" event and will be my 8th Shootout. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be in the DCM with the "SSLED" plate defending the bracket C title.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.