Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Besides the hole that the fuel pump assembly seals up quite nicely, my gas tank has ANOTHER hole in it, leaks at about 15 gallons full.

Would anyone happen to have an LT1 sedan gastank, preferably near NY / NJ / CT / northeastern PA? Part number is 10218495, if it helps.
If I need to expand my search, is this same gastank also used by the 91-93 LB4 L03 & L05?

I'd rather ask the ISSF first.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
FWIW - JB Weld it. I had it done on a 74 Pontiac Grand Safari wagon steel tank on the bottom. Lasted as long as I owned it - at lease 10 years after it was done. I was charged $10 for it - $5 parts and $5 labor. An Oklahoma gas station. The original Clark Griswold vacation trip. :D

Rough up the plastic real good first.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found one for $50 out of a 93 Roadmaster.
Trilenium Auto Salvage, Morganville NJ.
Other junkyards within a 10 mile radius had 77-90 B-car metal gastanks. One had a 95 Caprice tank, but wanted $250 for it, so I kept looking til I found the one at Trilenium.
Same tank. They make fuel tank specific epoxies too to get you by.
Thought the switchover from the metal 24.6 gallon gastank to the plastic 23 gallon gastank occurred in 94 for the L99 & LT1. Looks like the switchover occurred in 91 for the 4th Gen B-cars.

1) Anybody want me to keep the old gastank, in case someone else wants to JB Weld it for themselves?
2) Is the L03 / L05 fuel pump different from the L99 / LT1 fuel pump?
3) If 'Yes' to #2, anybody want the L03 / L05 fuel pump? (If it's the same, I still might sell it anyway.)

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Marky. The pumps are different but mount the same. PSI is the difference. I also researched and found the difference in the sending units. The LO3/5 fuel and return lines run down the passenger side. LTs are on the driver side, if I'm not mistaken. It's a gas that you scored so quickly.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The day the tank started leaking, I failed my saving throw. Today, I saved.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
.......It's a gas that you scored so quickly.

Mark: Snowman-33
Young man, now we've already had a discussion about puns:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts