Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your dash is wrapped post pics please. Especially if they have the double stitch accent lines. If you have a close up shot of that it would be nice as well.

Leather, suede, vinyl post up.....(no crocagator, ostrich, armadillo, chupacabra, loch ness monster skin or any other road kill animal).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Joe.......

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JOe.............
Bob...........
Adam...........

Have you search cusstom.com?

Yes but but none show close up shots of the stitching. None really focus on the dash just mainly random interior shots where there may be a glimpse of the dash in the shot.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
ive only seen it done to lennys dash aka member #1000 and member texas ss. im thinking of doing miine in black leather along with other pieces in my car or some nice fiberglass work

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I wrapped the dash myself. No stitching. It is a charcoal vinyl that I removed the backing on to make it easier to work with. That also makes it easier to tear. There are two spots I am not happy with so I want to do it over. First is the drivers vent, I cut it to early, to much and it pulled back exposing the cut beyond the vent (barely visible in pic). The second is where a the passenger A pillar put a home in it during installation.

Lenny, get in here with some close up pics of your dash.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Mine.... Upper dash is double stitched charcoal leather and lower dash is charcoal suede. I didn't realize I suck so much at taking pics

I'll take some more that do it some justice

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, how much? That looks fantastic.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
wow that is some great ideas on things to do...wish lenny would post his up... i tryed to pull them up on photobucket but said something like i need a password or whatever to check out his photo's...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Interior

Material is black and gray leather used in porsche carrera cars. I got it from a friend that works at porsche Audio in san jose. They ordered bolts of this stuff and had extra laying in their storage room that I scrounged through.
I had Sids custom upholstery in Mountyain View do the entire job for just at 6K. The carpet came from impala carpets but they are no longer around. The wood grain came from exotic wood dash. They are no longer around which is too bad because they did a great job.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.