Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last thursday I got t-boned on the passenger side of my 94 Roadmaster. I never saw the other car, but I got to ride in ambulance for the first time, that was a lot of fun!
Now the insurance company is dicking me around. They want to total my car, and give me nothing for it. They can't determine a value for it. My car was a one owner fully loaded with a new GM LT1 and Trans with 35,000 miles, perfect interior, paint and wood trim, 17" Timeless wheels, Belltech lowering kit with helper bags on rear. I just got it looking right! Can any one help with a price of what it is worth?

I'll post pics of before and after tomorrow.

Thanks, Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the crash! Is it fixable? Unfortunately insurance companies don't care about the maintenance and modifications. Unless you had a specific policy written to cover the replacement value, it won't be easy. Most companies just want to pay book value. Take ALL receipts and any information you can get from people that have worked on it, detailed it,or done anything to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you still got your reciepts for the engine and trans and shove it into their faces that should help in raising the value. I had a 88 trans-am that had a new motor in it when it was totaled, they were wanting to give less than it was worth. With the reciepts of the 3500 dollar engine, they raised what they were offering by 2 grand. It was better than nothing. If it does get totaled, by the car back and keep all the good parts! After the trans-am was totaled, the could have been bought back for 700 dollars! At the time i wasn't able to, but i regret it very much now. Someone got a new motor for cheap, along with the trans and other parts. SO if you buy it back, it could help in recovering your losses too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also make sure an adjuster looks at the car. 9 times out of 10 they just look in their books for a value and not at the car. Years ago I went around with my insurance until an adjuster looked at my car and then they paided up without a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I were you, I'd also search myself on Ebay, autotrader.com, etc., and find similar examples to your car (i.e. modded) and what they are selling for, to prove your case. Don't be afraid to tell them you're contacting your lawyer if they lowball you!!

Hey GoldSSWagon...mind if I ask how much your ghost flames cost you? I have a silver wagon, and want to get ghost flames. Also, do you have a pick that shows them from the side? I can see them well on the hood, bua am curious as to how far you've extended yours...

go to http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ob_bo/lst?.dir=/rick%27s+wagon&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/
to see my newly painted wagon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.