Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new battery for my 96 caprice,the one I have starts the car fine and everything but I think it's the wrong size it doesn't fit in the tray there is alot of space around. I wouldn't really care but every time I lower my windows the batt gauge starts Falling and the lights start to dim pretty bad. So pretty much what I am asking is if having a smaller batt cause any damage or problems down the road plus I have some subs I would like to install and i am pretty sure this won't help my situation and could anyone recommend a good batt and a place to get it thanks for the help in advance - erick

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
they all do that bro, but a better way to help it stop is to let go of the switch when it gets down to the bottom lol hell or top. also do the big 3 with 1/0 awg and it should help a lil bit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the lights dimming on just using the windows is normal damn. But I am good using the smaller battery? It won't hurt anything. I want to do the BIG three upgrade but it doesn't seem like theres much room to add that thick of cable on our batteries.maybe someone could clear that up for me.

Thanks Erick

·
Registered
328 Posts
I run Interstate batteries in my ride. Can't provide the number for you since I am in the Iraqi desert and my 96 is in the states :(. It does fill the entire tray and I do not have any issues with lights dimming pretty bad. Of course I get a little dimming when the windows go down/up but not like you are describing. A lot of folks run the Optima with subs, amps, etc. If your lights are dimming this bad before the subs and supporting equiment, imagine what it will be when these items are installed with the current setup.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking the same thing, dont really know to much about batterys and what not but i did look at the optimas but its to much money for me right know how about the deka intimidator 34/78 is that any good.
thanks -erick

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use a yellow top under my hood and it hasnt given me any problems. If your car sits for a long time you can always recharge these. The Big 4 with 1/0 works wonders-I also have 2 runs of 1/0 going to G31 Blues in the trunk and a 240amp Alt, so electricla is never an issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts