Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
To the wheels or at the flywheel? You could possibly build your own, having it tailored to your goals, with less questions. I was in your shoes months ago and opted to just build according to my needs.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To the wheels or at the flywheel? You could possibly build your own, having it tailored to your goals, with less questions. I was in your shoes months ago and opted to just build according to my needs.
To the wheels and if I may ask how much do you pay and what type of setup
Do you have

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
With me and Rocko350 doing most of the work and buying a shortblock block that was already bored, I'd say I'm around about $5k in. This is a a more custom setup as I'll be running the 24x EFI Connection coil per cylinder to eliminate the opti and open up the opportunity to run up 7k rpm. It's an all forged Scat assembly. Just need to add install the rockers, intake, oil pan and timing cover with the 24x signal receiver...then it's the grand install.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With me and Rocko350 doing most of the work and buying a shortblock block that was already bored, I'd say I'm around about $5k in. This is a a more custom setup as I'll be running the 24x EFI Connection coil per cylinder to eliminate the opti and open up the opportunity to run up 7k rpm. It's an all forged Scat assembly. Just need to add install the rockers, intake, oil pan and timing cover with the 24x signal receiver...then it's the grand install.

That's nice real nice how much hp do you think you'll be pushing

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Hopefully about 425-35 to the wheels. I'm not pushing the limit...should be aggressive but not so much that the life of the block suffers. Either way I know more about this setup then one purchased and trusted to deliver on what's stated by someone I've never met. It's not a bad deal getting blocks offline but you don't just ask questions, you gotta ask the right questions. Ya know?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Next week i will have a boosted setup forged -31cc diamond piston 383 complete with callies crank and rods shortblock for sale. If your interested or anyone else at that.
PHP:

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I want to buy a 383-396 stroker engine that's pushing 500-600hp
Are you looking for a race motor or a street motor? Naturally aspirated or boosted? Those kind of numbers don't come easy, and is not very streetable in most people's idea of "streetable."

·
Registered
104 Posts

I would like to get rid of the entire car if your interested. It made 487 at the wheels. I would like to get somewhere around $16,000 for the car and a truck load of extra parts I have on hand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts