Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a half dozen 1/4" thread cutting nuts for the Impala grille I installed in my ride.

I can't find them locally (Only assorted packages), and online the min QTY is 50.

All I need is (6), so if anyone can help, please shoot me a PM, or reply here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
Did you check your local pick and pull junk yard?

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I thought I'd ask here, since I typically can't get to those 'till the weekend.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Most decent size cities have auto/body/paintshop supplies stores.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most decent size cities have auto/body/paintshop supplies stores.
Yeah I tried the one that's close to my house and the broad behind the counter was clueless as to what I was talking about.

I'll have to try some of the bigger ones around State College.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Coarse nuts

Ran into the same issue with my grill. Couldn't find any at the dealers. I wasn't concerned about stock since you don't see 'em anyway. If you have no luck finding the stock ones just use a standard Coarse Thread nut that will cut its own threads on the plastic post. I kind of like this better since you get a little more thread contact with the post.

Also, you may want to use a washer or 2 between the post and your hood. I've had the grill rub against the hood chipping the paint and causing rust to start. The washer will just keep the top corner of the grill off of the hood and sort of spaces it away from the hood just enough to prevent the finish on the hood getting messed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts