Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get one some time before spring, so I thought it would be a good time to ask. Looking for a small 90* buffer. The top names on the market seem to be Flex (cannot afford), Meguiar's (G110), Porter Cable (7424XP) or Griot's Garage.

If anyone has a used unit or a line on a place I can get one that would be great. I am searching several web sites and Craigslist daily.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i grabbed one from sears (craftsman), thru a velco backing plate on it and my favorite pad of choice and went to town. It works fine for me, i use it quite a bit and am not very easy with it...no problems so far

·
Registered
569 Posts
Meguiars is coming out with a new G110.
So you could probably get a version 1 on the cheap cheap.

I'll get a rotary sometime in the near future, but I'll keep my G110 v1 (sorry).

For pads, check out autodetailingsolutions.net, good deals.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The guy who runs auto detailing solutions, Rick Meyer, would probably sell a G110 V1 cheap.
Give him a call tomorrow, see what he can do.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a Cable Porter 7424XP today from tools-plus.com. They had it on special with a backing plate, 1 foam buffing pad and the counter weights for $112. Thought that was about as good as I was going to find. Would have preferred a G110, but could not find one used for less than $100.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You will need at least 2 polishing pads for compounds and polishes.
More than 1 finishing pad if you going to layer waxes,(cleaner/sealant, then carnauba).

Enjoy your PC.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts