Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTB: 96 Impala fuel lines, need the lines from fuel sending unit with fittings to the fuel pump and to the junction by front wheel. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Are you looking for new or used? I can get you a new set for $69.95 but I am not sure what the shipping cost would be because I do not know how small it can be coiled. I ordered one for myself and then I will know what the size would be for shipping. Let me know if you need new.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds great. My zip is 02341. Let me know what shipping would be and Ill get it right off to you. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
That sounds great. My zip is 02341. Let me know what shipping would be and Ill get it right off to you. Thanks
I should have it in on Wednesday and then I can see how small it can be coiled and then I can figure out the shipping cost so I will email you back then. Thansk alot.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
306 Posts
Are you looking for new or used? I can get you a new set for $69.95 but I am not sure what the shipping cost would be because I do not know how small it can be coiled. I ordered one for myself and then I will know what the size would be for shipping. Let me know if you need new.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy
Does that price include the single line from the tank to the fuel filter.
It's a seperate part # and was really the only line i needed for my rebuild.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I went and checked on that seperate hose and it is Obsolete and not available from any dealer in the country. Sorry but that poses another issue. The set that runs from front to back does not include that missing section so it is really only 3/4's of the lines.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
WTB: 96 Impala fuel lines, need the lines from fuel sending unit with fittings to the fuel pump and to the junction by front wheel. Thanks
Originally Posted by Mark Ross

I went and checked on that seperate hose and it is Obsolete and not available from any dealer in the country. Sorry but that poses another issue. The set that runs from front to back does not include that missing section so it is really only 3/4's of the lines.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
As I said above, the hose set that runs from front to back does NOT include the section that goes from the Filter back to the pump so did you still want the rest of the hose assembly? I have it here and it is in a box about 24x24x5 so shipping should not be to bad. Please let me know if you still want it. Thanks.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My .02 on this subject.

Why GM did this 2 part number thing on these fuel lines is just typical.

Now, why that feed line from the tank to the filter is obsolete and the rest of the feed line from the filter forward and the entire return line is still available, thats an even bigger mystery.

If you happen to be in that group of un-lucky folks that just need that short feed line from the tank to the back of the filter you may want to look into other alternatives (if the junkyard route comes up empty).

The quick connects at the back of the tank and at the back of the fuel filter can be purchased along with a section of some "GM approved" nylon fuel line. GM used a short piece of rubber sleeve protection on this feed line from the control arm area to the tank, and that is easy to duplicate. When I replaced all my fuel lines I put protection in other places as well (cuz GM should have). Like up in the frame hole area in the bay where they come up to the regulator (big time leaks have been created at that chaf prone area).

Now, I dont EVER recommend splicing in a piece of nylon fuel line to repair a cut or a nick but if you are wanting to replace a section (as we are here) I think the alternate method I stated will be fine.

Hey Mike,

How many of those 3/4 line kits are still available Nationwide?

May be getting a set from you soon.

I am asking because when they do dry up its gonna be really fun out here and we may all be headed for a major dilemma, now custom lines of course is another option but they are BIG cash, I already checked on this when I had a leak and needed fuel lines a few years back.

These cars are not getting any younger and 14-16 year old nylon fuel lines gotta be gett'n a lil brittle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said above, the hose set that runs from front to back does NOT include the section that goes from the Filter back to the pump so did you still want the rest of the hose assembly? I have it here and it is in a box about 24x24x5 so shipping should not be to bad. Please let me know if you still want it. Thanks.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Mike, I would still like to purchase the lines. Please send me a PM with your payment info.
Thanks
Pete

p.s. Thanks for the info on the line with fitting attached, how does the other end attach to the filter? ( I away from home, so i apologize for not being able to go check myself)

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Why GM did this 2 part number thing on these fuel lines is just typical.

Now, why that feed line from the tank to the filter is obsolete and the rest of the feed line from the filter forward and the entire return line is still available, thats an even bigger mystery.

If you happen to be in that group of un-lucky folks that just need that short feed line from the tank to the back of the filter you may want to look into other alternatives (if the junkyard route comes up empty).

The quick connects at the back of the tank and at the back of the fuel filter can be purchased along with a section of some "GM approved" nylon fuel line. GM used a short piece of rubber sleeve protection on this feed line from the control arm area to the tank, and that is easy to duplicate. When I replaced all my fuel lines I put protection in other places as well (cuz GM should have). Like up in the frame hole area in the bay where they come up to the regulator (big time leaks have been created at that chaf prone area).

Now, I dont EVER recommend splicing in a piece of nylon fuel line to repair a cut or a nick but if you are wanting to replace a section (as we are here) I think the alternate method I stated will be fine.

Hey Mike,

How many of those 3/4 line kits are still available Nationwide?

May be getting a set from you soon.

I am asking because when they do dry up its gonna be really fun out here and we may all be headed for a major dilemma, now custom lines of course is another option but they are BIG cash, I already checked on this when I had a leak and needed fuel lines a few years back.

These cars are not getting any younger and 14-16 year old nylon fuel lines gotta be gett'n a lil brittle.
The bad thing about GM parts is crazy stuff like this. With none of the one part available and alot of the other part still left is just crazy. The computer does not tell you a quanity until the parts are sent to the Obsolete Parts Warehouse. Until then you can only see the number of warehouses that show stock. I ordered another 2 sets today with one for myself so I will have another set on Friday if you want it.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
These are shipping out Today. Your UPS Tracking Number is 1Z0945890392067488 If anyone else needs a set I have another set sitting here just in case. Thanks alot.
Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
So this set is from the filter to the rail, and back to the tank?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
fuel lines

Hey guys inline tube and classic tube might be options.They made custom stainless brake lines for me to adapt the Wilwood master cylinder.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Impala SS fuel lines

If anyone is looking for a set of used lines I have 5 or 6 complete sets. Tank to rail on both lines.

Thanks,
Mike
(815) 297-4601

1 - 20 of 20 Posts