Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a good condition optispark harness connector for a 96 (+?) LT1.

I'm not looking for the short Optispark harness itself, I'm looking for the main wiring harness end that connects to the Optispark harness (with 3-4" of wire remaining so that I can splice together).

Similar to the black connector in the image below (96+ should have 4 wires: red/blk, ppl/wht, red, pnk/wht I think).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Try contacting: Fred Kiehl. He's usually got a lot of stuff for sale.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can buy new connectors and pins as well.
Any place that sells harness parts should be able to set you up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try contacting: Fred Kiehl. He's usually got a lot of stuff for sale.
Thanks, will do.

You can buy new connectors and pins as well.
Any place that sells harness parts should be able to set you up.
I tried going down that road too, do you have any specific recommendations for sites/stores? I have not been able to easily determine exactly what to search for...

·
Registered
976 Posts
These are very common/standard connectors in a ton of GM vehicles.
Off top of my head I'd say EFIConnection or any other online vendor that makes engine harnesses or upgrades, can hook you up.
Lots of sellers on eBay as well.

It's a metri pack 150 IIRC, but I would have to physically go look to verify.
The pins/wires are easily removed from the plug housing, and the plug housing can simply be replaced.

My local NAPA sells individual connector housings, pins, seals, etc. BUT yours may not?
I usually order off eBay, because they're cheaper, and I can assemble myself.

There is probably a premade pigtail available @ mcparts stores, but they are usually poorly made.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Can't remember if the Main Harness end is Female but I think this is the right connect to splice in and connect to the opti harness.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1014

If you Google "lt1 optispark pigtail" you'll get a bunch of hits if you look at the "images" it finds. There are also sites that sell all these connectors and pins if you wish to do more with your factory harness before cutting it up. It may be worth your time to disassemble the connector and recrimp/check each pin for tightness and make sure it fits snugly on the Male pin. Sometimes the female end pins open up a little.

Worst case, hit the local PnP and with a snip of the wire cutters, get what you need.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Replied in your other thread. I think this connector will be what you need. If not, EFI connection sells a lot of different style and size connectors and pigtails. You can usually nose around there for a while and find something that'll work

·
Registered
976 Posts
Replied in your other thread. I think this connector will be what you need. If not, EFI connection sells a lot of different style and size connectors and pigtails. You can usually nose around there for a while and find something that'll work
That is incorrect connector, that is a weatherpack. He needs a Metri Pack 150.
Like this one...
https://www.eficonnection.com/home/product/delphi-4-cavity-metri-pack-150-female-connector-2

Try your local NAPA first, you'll need a guy that can utilize an actual book.
If you're just replacing the connector, you won't need pins or seals. If your wires are damaged get new pins and seals too.

Or you can buy something like this...METRI-PACK 150 SERIES 4 CONDUCTOR CONNECTOR SET 18-16 GA. METRIPACK
^^^ That may NOT be the correct connector, just giving as an example.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts