Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a rear end out of a disc brake caprice or an impala ss. Doesnt matter if rear is blown. i need the the housing to be in good shape. and if the rear end is bare i just need to know what size axles came out of it. I am looking for one near the Chicago area so i can pick it up. Not looking to spend much at all.

I have a powdercoated red rearend with 3.73 gear and new oem axles and auburn posi for sale with a custom LT1 cover that i have for sale. it needs a pinion bearing. Has less than 5K on it. Asking $550 for it. Does not come with the rear discs setup (have to use your own. Seperately i have for sale axles are 100, auburn w/ gear are 275 and the cover is 200....so buy as complete and save

·
Registered
639 Posts
if you don't find one in the area, I have a 9c1 rear out of an L99 car, no rotors/calipers. $80

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 3.23 posi rear disc 77,000 miles on it in Montgomery, IL

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Missta im very interested. What cars were the L99's? Does it still have the guts?

Jeff how much were you looking to get? And is the rear have the discs and stuff or just rear end?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have a complete 8.5 Disc Rear out of a 9C1. Has 3.23s, newer pads/rotors, braided brake hoses. Stock posi is worn out though. It's still installed on whats left of my Roadmaster, but I'd remove it and sell it for $200 if you want to drive to Warren MI.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
200 is a bit over my price. I dont need all the other stuff. Just the housing

·
Registered
639 Posts
I mispoke,my other 9c1 rear is from a L99 cop car. This 9c1 rear came from a 5.7, assuming that doesn't matter. I will grab the numbers off of it, if you like. I bought it off a club member, 95 9c1, from the previous owner about 80,000 miles. Posi unknown condition, but everything worked before it was pulled. I never used it,came upon an ss rear and let this one sit inside the garage. Spins freely.
I can get some pics if you like.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounding very good. Sounds like exactly what im looking for. If you can send pics to my phone or email id highly appreciate. You can almost consider it sold.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tttt....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts