Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stumbled upon a new passenger side spindle for a good deal but I am still looking for the driver's side. The one I have is NOS so I would prefer as good as condition as possible. Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
NOS source...

You have probably already searched eBay, but here is Mike at Hamilton Chevy's post. He's a froum member. That's about 4X+ what they went for not so long ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caprice-9C1-Front-Spindle-Set-18021377-18021378-Uses-5-8-Lower-Ball-Joint-95-96-/390632271452?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af37f6e5c&vxp=mtr

FWIW...I have a set of very nice used ones in my shop if you are interested. I've had them for years but never installed them.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
You have probably already searched eBay, but here is Mike at Hamilton Chevy's post. He's a froum member. That's about 4X+ what they went for not so long ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caprice-9C1-Front-Spindle-Set-18021377-18021378-Uses-5-8-Lower-Ball-Joint-95-96-/390632271452?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af37f6e5c&vxp=mtr

FWIW...I have a set of very nice used ones in my shop if you are interested. I've had them for years but never installed them.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Holy shyt, that's a huge price increase. I got mine about 4 years back from the dealer for about $75 each. Finally got them installed this past year.

I know they are discontinued items and that a private seller could demand big money if they wanted. But for a Dealer to sell those for that much is disappointing to see (price gouging?) since we all know what they really cost them and what they were selling for a short time ago.

just didn't think a dealer could charge more than double just cause they are the last in inventory. Ive bought other items from the dealer that were discontinued and never paid that much over reg. price.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Not sure what kind of math you are using to get 4 times plus? List price is $100 each so that equals $200. If I am charging Ebay buyers (NOT FORUM MEMBERS) $350 then that is LESS then two times so how do you come up with 4 times plus?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
i have three sets of used ones in great condition. I will only sell a set with lower control arms.
FYI - I got my Lower Control Arms from KDB50SS back when I did my conversion. I already had the spindles but needed the control arms and he hooked me up with a set. Good member to do business with if you need to.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
The math...

Yep, it was late when I looked at the auction last night and I read it at $399.98 instead of the $349.98 so that's where I came up with the 4X+ as I'd added the $24.25 for shipping. So to be more accurate $187.12 each today. I believe they were $75.00 each when I bought them, so it would be more accurate to say 2X+today...late night math error but still expensive. Not as bad as the set of 1954 Pontiac hubcaps that went for $1700+ on eBay recently. It's all supply and demand and what folks will pay.

Sorry for the confusion and tired eyes.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I stumbled upon a new passenger side spindle for a good deal but I am still looking for the driver's side. The one I have is NOS so I would prefer as good as condition as possible. Thanks for your time.
Sorry for the late arrival to the party.

@Safari: This seems like the best route for me. Could you send me some pictures?

@4DoorSS: I was planning to put in the Speedtech tubular arm set so I was looking to go bare bones with the spindles. KDB definitely has good 9C1 stuff though as I got my silicone hose set off of him and I have another deal pending with him.

*********I've found what I needed. Consider this closed.*********

1 - 8 of 8 Posts