Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an extra new or used MAF extension around?

Let me know.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah except they are 20 bucks plus 12 for shipping. I'd pay 20, but I ain't paying 12 for shipping. I work for UPS I know it dont cost 12 dollars to quick a 1 lb object.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
^^lol. Talk to gary and maybe he can help you on that one. Im guessing he might add his cost of box, wrapping, tape, travel to post office all up to find that shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
damn i had somewhere...... if only i could remember what i did with it. if i find it i will let ya know.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
yea i asked gary about the shipping cost and he sent mine a cheaper way and saved me a few bucks.the way i look at it is his works is worth more than 20 bucks anyways.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
You could always cut your stock one, solder and heat shrink it then get a new piece of longer conduit from the parts store. I've seen it done on a few cars and extended my harness already from him (I think, was on the car when I got it) cause my MAF is now almost next to the battery. The harness isn't necessary, just easier.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Just add wire to yours,it easyer then you think.I did this to mine and have not had a problem in 3 years.DONT CUT TO CLOSE TO THE PIGTAIL.
There are only 3 wires(color coated) I didnt use a solder gun or shrink wrap and have not had a problem in 3 years. I just spiced the 3 wires, added as much wire as i needed.I used electric tape and added a little wire loom Looks stock.;)

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I bought one from him last week, yeah the wire is top quality but the shipping price is a bitch!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have no problem with cutting and soldering new wires but if I could get a decent price on an actual extension I would do that route. Heres a question if I were to extend wirs do they need to be the same gauge or near or could I use slightly larger wire.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I would have no problem with cutting and soldering new wires but if I could get a decent price on an actual extension I would do that route. Heres a question if I were to extend wirs do they need to be the same gauge or near or could I use slightly larger wire.
slightly larger wil be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts